Luna's Training Log

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by LoopyLuna, Jul 9, 2018.

1. LoopyLuna

LoopyLuna Registered Users

I've spent the last 4 weeks well and truly stuck in the puppy blues, and each morning I still feel sick with nerves about what the day will bring. So, I decided today that I would follow the lead of @Chewies_mum and her lovely training log that always focuses on the positives. Hopefully this will balance out the many "Help!" posts that I'm also posting at the moment :)

Good stuff that happened today - 12 weeks old
    • She had a completely dry night (hoorah!). From 1am to 6.30am
    • She sat and waited for me to put her food down for all 3 meals and didn't go to it until I told her to.
    • She did some lovely sit commands outside when I got home from work.
    • She made eye contact with me repeatedly when I said her name.
    • She walked about 15 steps with me on my left hand side with a loose lead. I used a tonne of treats, but it's the most focused she's been for some time.
    • She also laid down quietly for the whole of dinner and we didn't hear a peep out of her.

Joy, Cath, Granca and 1 other person like this.
  2. Chewies_mum

Chewies_mum Registered Users

I know it doesn't feel like it sometimes, but it sounds like you are doing really well with Luna.

You'll definitely feel better after a few solid nights of sleep.

LoopyLuna likes this.
  3. Cath

Cath Supporting Member Forum Supporter

She is doing so well and so are you. How old is she now?

4. Joy

Joy Registered Users

That sounds so good for a baby - you're both doing well.:)

5. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

What a great idea, and you've made a good start already. It does get easier and you'll be able to look back and see how far you've come :)

6. selina27

selina27 Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Well done @LoopyLuna , it looks like you and Luna are both doing really well. She sounds a proper darling:)

7. LoopyLuna

Hi Cath - thank you. She's 12 weeks old. Starting puppy classes in just under 2 weeks time - we can't wait :)

8. LoopyLuna

Thanks Selina - yes she's pretty gorgeous. I can't work out how to post a picture in these posts otherwise I'd show one of her sitting on command. She's wearing a cone at the moment too which makes her look even cuter!

selina27 likes this.
  9. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Where are your photos stored? Do you have an account with online photo storage. There are lots of free ones. If so, you upload your photos there, and link to them using the image symbol at the top of every post

10. LoopyLuna

It's been a bit of a "two steps back" week unfortunately with zero interest from Luna is any kind of training, and some new behaviours and challenges (every day's a school day for me and the OH). Puppy Blues are definitely still there and I've cried most days much to my annoyance, but in the spirit of finding that Glass Half Full, there were some positives too:

Good stuff that happened this week - 13 weeks old
    • REALLY GOOD NEWS - Luna's splint and bandaging came off her leg on Friday (she's been recovering from a broken paw at 9 wks) and this meant that her cone could also come off. She is SOOO much happier, and with all this new peripheral vision, the world is very exciting again!
    • We can now see her amazing, enormous ears!!
    • She consistently sits and waits for me to put her food down for all 3 meals and doesn't go to it until told to.
    • Her sit and stay in the house and garden is great - whether it's for a toy or for her food. It's making jumping up in the house a little more manageable. A long way to go on this yet though.
    • We introduced Luna to a shallow paddling pool of water yesterday now that her bandages are off. She LOVED it and splashed for ages! There's no doubting she's a lab!
    • Yesterday was just a really nice day of playing, giving her a bit more freedom, and letting her climb on us for cuddles and to fall asleep. It's the first day I've ENJOYED her and for me that's probably the biggest positive I could write down this week :)
    Next week - Final Xray on Tuesday to hopefully give us the all clear to let her off the lead to run a bit, vaccinations will be complete on Friday and puppy training starts on Saturday, so hopefully things will get a bit easier soon......