Making progress?!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by deadandchocolatey, Feb 7, 2017.

1. deadandchocolatey

deadandchocolatey Registered Users

Hi everyone, hope all is well!

Today I had a sudden realisation - Stampy used to wake up and demand attention ~4:30 in the morning, and would whine and bark if we went out of view for even 10 seconds. He'd carry on this way all the way until 9am.

A while ago, we moved his crate just outside the door to my parents' room (how I wish it was my room, but they have far more space than I do... on the bright side, if he whines or barks, I can't hear it).

Since then,
    • He can sleep straight from 10pm - 5am
    • He makes no fuss if his sleep is interrupted at night
    • He'll wake up around 5:00-5:15 with a tiny "good morning" whisper instead of a "WAKE UP NEIGHBOURHOOD" bark.
    • He's generally ready to snooze or occupy himself by 8! Today, he was actually settled by the time I came out at 7, despite a disrupted morning while my dad packed for a work trip.
    This is so ideal because my mum and sister leave for work/school at 8:30, and by March I'll be needing to leave for university around the same time, if not earlier. It's a little victory, but it goes to show how much a little lab can improve in only a month! Very proud mummy here :clap:

(Also slow down pupper, you're growing too fast!)
    [​IMG]

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

That's really good progress :)
    He is very cute :heart:

3. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

What a good boy. Stampy, you are very cute.

4. Jyssica

Jyssica Registered Users

Well done, its good when you look back at go... things aren't as bad anymore :)

Enjoy Stampy is gorgeous! :heart:

5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Pahaha, love the grumpy puppy look! Although I much prefer happy pup.
    It's lovely to stop and think about how far you've come now and again. Sometimes these things seem never-ending, but then they do end without us really noticing. Well done :)