Male Lab puppy

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Gautam, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Gautam

Gautam Registered Users

I have a 8 week old male puppy (Veer) - he is settling in well. Got him when he was 7 weeks. yesterday was his 7th night with us. Was feeding him kibble 2 times a day (40 to 50 gms per feed) , one boiled egg and mashed carrots once a day. Also cucumbers and apples pieces. he weighs 4 kgs. Having read other posts looks like we are underfeeding him. I now plan to feed him 4 times a day (3 times *50 gms kibble from Chudleys + 1 boiled egg and carrots).

his poo so far has been solid and he poos 4-6 times a day.

Any advice or comments are welcome!!

Many thanks

2. 5labs

5labs Registered Users

The kibble is supposed to be a complete balanced diet so I would be reluctant to be adding extras into this. Too much protien can cause developmental issues etc.
    Regarding whether you are underfeeding him- is he looking thin? If so, feed more, if not, only increase as he grows.

Gautam and Edp like this.
  3. Gautam

Gautam Registered Users

Thank so much for your reply. He is looking little thin hence decided to feed more. Also i am not adding to the kibble. I give him one meal made up of boiled egg + steamed carrots.

4. Anthony Abrao

Anthony Abrao Registered Users

Congratulations on gaining a new friend!

Giving those items, or any items, would be "Adding" to the kibble. Most kibble is designed to be the sole source of food for the animals. There is information in this forum, and also found through searching online, about the appearance of healthy dogs. Most puppies will eat far more food than they actually need, and that makes it hard for some of us to see "oh, okay, he is full". If you have a vet, schedule a visit and discuss diet.

Sarah jane likes this.