marley still weeing in the house

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Jo2201, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Jo2201

Jo2201 Registered Users

Marley is now 5 mths old he asks to go out to toilet but will still wee in the house he does it more when hubby home from work he will walk across the kitchen weeing as he goes not sure if it's cos he knows it annoys hubby sounds stupid but my boys do little things to annoy dad cos they can or its due to excitement there's not so much mess to clean up in the morning so it is getting better

2. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

Marley certainly isn't weeing in the house to annoy your husband - dogs just don't think that way. Could it be that he is just more excited having your husband around and forgets to ask to go out until it's too late? If he's fine all day and through the night it certainly would seem to be anything major. It might be helpful to just take Marley out a little more frequently, just as you did with him as a pup, he will soon overcome this little glitch.

3. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Agree - it does sound like excitement. Try taking him out just before hubster comes home with big rewards for weeing outside.

4. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Or it could be sublimation as he knows the owner gets irritated by it?

5. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

It could be submissive urination but I would expect other indicators of the underlying stress relating to Marley's relationship with Jo's husband, which isn't clearly indicated. If Jo's husband is annoyed by the weeing it will certainly help if he starts to ignore the behaviour and just clean up as for a young pup.

6. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Towards the end of toilet training (so probably a similar stage to Marley) I found that Ella had stopped having 'accidents' when I was home but still did occasionally when she was with my OH. I realised that my OH would lose track of time and not let Ella out often enough and not always recognise the signs that she needed to go. Is it possible that something similar is happening?