Maybe need some perspective?

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by momofone, Jul 22, 2017.

1. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I would be seriously thankful I had witnessed this "trainers" behaviour before I left my dog there. You had a very lucky escape. Some "trainers" are not fit to clean toilets. I really hope you and Honey are OK after such an horrible experience. Sending :hug: xxx

momofone and Karen like this.
  2. momofone

momofone Registered Users

Thank you all for your responses. I don't think I could've been more surprised if she had knocked me down on my back. I don't know why she was touching her incision; she almost seemed to think she was giving a vet exam (and is not a vet). She asked what we were feeding her and said "Oh, I don't like that." I didn't say it, but was thinking, well, I actually didn't ask (not to mention that we chose it on the recommendation of our vet). It was like nothing I had ever experienced before and I hope I never see it again.

On a brighter note, Honey has had no more accidents AND has slept through the night two nights in a row! :D

Karen, selina27 and Granca like this.
  3. momofone

I'm really not sure. She seemed to think she was going to do a vet exam. We were there expecting to talk about Honey's feeding schedule/bathroom progress/that kind of thing, and she jumped into "you need to do this" and "don't worry--I'll show you how to do this."

selina27 likes this.
  4. momofone

I forgot to say that a friend of mine briefly worked for her, so I spoke with her to see if this is typical, and unfortunately it sounds as if it is. She said that the boarding person is very physical with the dogs and takes the approach that "you're a dog, and it's my job to put you in your place." (She also said that that is why she only worked there briefly.) :(

SwampDonkey likes this.
  5. AngelConradie

AngelConradie Registered Users

Well I am very glad she won't be looking after your Honey @momofone! Sheesh! I am livid for you!