medical detection dogs and a suggestion

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by caroleb, Jul 27, 2012.

1. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

I did it, I sent off my form and the trainer from Medical Detection Dogs is coming for a home visit on Monday. If we pass muster then days, weeks or months later depending on availabilty of a suitable one we'll get a puppy. Obviously we're hoping for a chocolate lab so I'll have the full set!

It was the thought of the 5 year waiting list that was the clincher, I can't bear the idea that someone might die waiting for a dog that could save them.

They have loads of ways for people to help raise money and one scheme they do is if someone, or a group raise £500 they get to name a puppy. So here's the suggestion - how about a fundraising drive via The Labrador Site facebook page? and on here too. With over 2000 lab fans I'm sure it could be done ;D maybe whoever makes a pledge gets to make a name suggestion with the top ten ideas being voted on by page fans? It would mean a little bit of work for Pippa setting up a just giving page and posting about it on the FB page - what do you think Pippa? with all the link shares it might get you some more followers too...

Carole

2. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

Re: medical detection dogs and a suggestion

or alternatively any donations welcome to my page..

3. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Hi Carole, well done for taking the plunge. And I like your idea. :) I think we could simply link to your just giving page, no need to set up another. Also you will reach the £500 more quickly if it isn't split between two pages.

I will need to find out how to make a poll on the Labrador Site facebook page, but I guess it can't be that difficult :)

Photos get far more clicks on FB than any other so maybe you can email me a nice pic of you, Barney, and Rusty, and a few paragraphs about what you are doing. Then I can put an article up on the main site, with links to your donations page, and the same photo on the FB page with a shorter bit of text and the relevant links again.

Good luck on Monday!

Pippa

4. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

thanks Pippa ;D I'm thrilled - just set up my page and I'm getting donations already ;D ;D I'll certainly email you with some information and setting up a question on your page is easy - go to the bit above the status update box says status photo/video and event or milestone+ click on the plus and select question. 8)

5. Sammie@labforumHQ

Sammie@labforumHQ Administrator Staff Member

I think this is a great idea, Carole. And the poll would be fun too!