Meet Ayla

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by cdwarrior, Apr 29, 2018.

1. cdwarrior

cdwarrior Registered Users

We just adopted this 8 month old cutie a few weeks ago. Her name is Ayla and her story is both sad and happy. We met her when she was 7 weeks old. She was actually our first pick of the litter from the breeder. But someone else on the list got to pick before us and they took her! We were sad about that, but also happy to bring home our second pick, little Aimee. After a time we felt Aimee needed a companion and contacted the same breeder about getting another puppy from an upcoming litter. When the pups turned 7 weeks old I scheduled a time to come meet them. But then a surprising thing happened. The day I went to meet them the breeder had an older puppy returned to her to be re-homed. The people who bought the puppy decided they didn't want her anymore. The amazing part is ... it turned out to be our original first pick puppy, Aimee's own sister and littermate! There was no question we wanted her so we adopted her immediately!

[​IMG]

Sadly, the people who bought her had been keeping her in a kennel since she was 7 weeks old and pretty much ignored her. She'd never lived in the house while they had her so she was not potty trained. She didn't even know simple commands like Sit, or even how to play and fetch a ball. She'd never been anywhere or exposed to much and was scared of everything, yet desperate for love and attention. She was a little underweight and light on muscle from lack of exercise. Makes me sad that "our" dog had been living a miserable life for those past 6 months. But then, if it hadn't worked out this way we wouldn't have our beloved Aimee and that makes me sad too. Now we have both, and they love each other, so what could be better?! :)

[​IMG]

UncleBob, MF, Karen and 20 others like this.
  2. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

Lovely ending to the story! I’m glad Ayla only spent months and not years in the kennel and has a chance at happiness ❤️

3. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Naw... What a lovely ending :)

4. Cath

Cath Registered Users

A beautiful ending, for a beautiful dog :)

5. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Gorgeous girl, I’m glad she found where she belongs :)

6. Granca

Granca Registered Users

What a happy surprise! It’s lovely that you’ve now got her and can transform her life. :)

7. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

That picture of them both is adorable.
    A sad but happy story. Well done to you x

8. Maxx's Mum

Maxx's Mum Registered Users

What a wonderful post - well not the part about her being in a kennel and ignored - but now she is in a happy home with a loving family and best friends with her sister. You have done a truly wonderful thing

9. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

She'll be happy now ,:) well done on doing a great thing xxx

10. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

what a beautiful girl, so pleased you were able to take her in :)

11. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Thank goodness her first owners returned her to the breeder instead of selling her! Very happy for her and you.

Xena Dog Princess likes this.
  12. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Such a lovely story - how wonderful for Ayla. You have done a great thing :).

13. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

You're right about it being sad/happy - poor Ayla, I hate that stories like hers are so common. Lucky for her she's got a second chance at a great life :)

14. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

What a wonderful outcome to a sad story xx

15. Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn Registered Users

Serendipity indeed! Thank you for sharing this beautiful part of your lives. I can't wait to see how Ayla adapts to this new chapter!

16. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

What a beauty! Sad story..but says a lot about the how the breeder works and communicates that the owner felt comfortable enough to bring her back when things didn't quite work out. Perfect ending! :)

drjs@5 likes this.
  17. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

So sad to think what a lonely life she lived, but how wonderful for her now and for you all :)

18. Naya

Naya Registered Users

I’m so glad that she has ended up being part of your family where she will be loved and cared for :inlove:

19. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Sad story but an amazing what was meant to be ending. Life has a funny way of sorting itself out. Beautiful pups, you must be over the moon. xx :)

20. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful story! Welcome back to your true home, Ayla - you will find out what love means now.

Looking forward to hearing all about the sisters' adventures!