Mental dog on lead with other dogs

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by Tokalosh, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Tokalosh

Tokalosh Registered Users

Hello, looking for some advice with max who is almost 10 months old.
    We have off leaded him from day one as a pup and he is very good, stays close and comes back when called, he will totally ignore any dog that comes to say hello, it' as if these other dogs do not even exist in Max world - the trouble is on lead, max sees another dog and despite me trying to distract him and telling him to leave, max will sit down and despite me trying to my best to distract max, he goes mad, front down, bum In the air barking and lunging at this poor dog, it takes me all my strength to hold on to him, thank goodness for harnesses.he only wants to play, but the other people look at me as if to say what a vicious dog, he reallynisnt he' just an excited puppy, weve almost got loose lead walking sorted, but this lunging and barking is really getting to me now.
    Even when max is on the front decking which faces out to the road, if a dog goes pass he just watches it, no noise no nothing, it's just on lead he goes mental, sometimes with a bit of zoomies thrown in for good measure, at 28kg and very agile its not pretty, with me hanging on for d ear life.
    Any suggestions would be great, thank you.

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Tokalosh likes this.