Mill House Holiday Cottages, Saham Hills, Norfolk

Discussion in 'Dog Friendly Places & Recommendations' started by suze12, Dec 27, 2014.

1. suze12

suze12 Registered Users

Just back from spending xmas in one of the three holiday cottages here, The Barn, visiting my mum in nearby Watton. Can highly recommend it to anyone. So dog friendly with an enclosed gated grassed area and an enormous paddock for dogs to run free in. Milo had a fab time chasing after his ball and exploring. Four dogs are allowed here. Nice walks from the door and lots of walks a bit further afield, for example, Thetford Chase. The owner is lovely and has two dogs of her own - labradoodle and labrador. Dog treats and a throw for the sofa was provided. The only rule is clean up after your dog- no problem with them on sofas.The brief was we are happy for your dogs to do what they do at home. The Barn is a two bedroomed cottage with each bedroom having it's own en suite with slipper bath and shower. There is an open plan kitchen/dining/sitting room with three sofas so loads of room to relax. Wood burning stove and logs provided. Useful utility room with sink and downstairs loo, which would be ideal for dogs bed. We took Milo's puppy pen which is quite large so put it in the main room. The cottage also has a small enclosed garden with patio table, chairs and bbq for warmer weather. An extra bonus was the hot tub- lovely sipping wine by candlelight. Booked via Sykes.

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Re: Mill House Holiday Cottages, Saham Hills, Norfolk

Sounds really nice :D going to have a look ;)

3. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

The website is cottagesatmillhouse.co.uk but Google Safe Browsing is saying it's got something dodgy on the website so I'm not going to visit it just in case. Shame, it sounds lovely!

4. Cupcase

Cupcase Registered Users

I checked these out. They look gorgeous. Unfortunately there's no prices and I feel these may be out of our price range.

I've bookmarked them so I shall keep checking.

5. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Sounds wonderful! We need to pop over to Norfolk in the New Year, so will certainly investigate :)

6. suze12

suze12 Registered Users

We booked via Sykes website.It cost us about £540 for five nights over xmas.

7. Cupcase

Cupcase Registered Users

Sorry I missed the Sykes part. I have just looked definitely be saving these. Really good prices.
    Thanks for this.