Missed dose of flea and tick!

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Kristine22, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Kristine22

Kristine22 Registered Users

Hi all,

I’m slightly panicking. I realized today I missed a monthly dose of my pups flea and tick medicine. My husband took her out trekking in the woods today and unfortunately she came back covered in ticks. This is when I realized we missed last months dose. We have since scoured her body and I believe we have removed them all, but I’m very worried. Can you help to quell my worries, or offer any advice? She has a vet appointment on Monday for her yearly check so I will be sure to bring it up, but any input is appreciated!!

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hi Kristine, welcome to the forum :)

I believe there's a window of opportunity to remove ticks before any nasties the ticks are carrying can mobilise and migrate across to your dog. So the risk are minimal if they are removed promptly.

But it can't hurt to call your vet ahead of her check up and explain the situation!

3. showr

showr Registered Users

Read very carefully on dosage next time (I read on Canada Drugs). Btw, studies have shown that the actual dose in each half of a split tablet often is different. So while the two halves may look the same, they don’t necessarily contain equal amounts of medicine.

4. Boba Rey

Boba Rey Registered Users

Flea collars and vacuums also work very well for flea treatment