Mocha and I "grow" along our loose lead way.

Discussion in 'Your Training Logs' started by Dawn_Treader, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Dawn_Treader

Dawn_Treader Registered Users

I've been working consistently very hard with Mocha. Our daily training is short and she seems to enjoy. She seems so happy and we are definitely growing close. She looks at me in my eyes like she never did before and she cuddles with me whenever I sit or have a lay down. She used to leave the room. She is very happy to romp around and she is getting enough exercise and mental stimulation. I play and talk to her and I express my affection. I switched groups at the dog school and I have a more relaxed group with younger dogs so all is well, except for the incident with the blind lady she lunged at; or should I say her cane with a ball on the end of it. I am just concerned because she has recently dug a hole in my sofa cushion. She hasn't destroyed anything like this since she was a very young pup. I am concerned and down one sofa. Is she frustrated, rebelling or being passive aggressive, or just living out her feisty nature when I'm not looking or what? She honestly seems so much happier than ever before. I feel baffled.

Karen likes this.
  2. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

Probably this? or is she coming in season?
    I guess nothing goes in a straight line -- two steps forward and one back, that sort of thing.

Dawn_Treader likes this.
  3. Dawn_Treader

Dawn_Treader Registered Users

She is 2.5 months over her heat and is in a state of pseudocyesis (False pregnancy) now that you mention it. Maybe she's digging a nest for her babies/toys. I didn't consider this.

4. Emily

Emily Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Well the lady had a ball on the end of a stick! I'd say she was well within her rights to lunge ;):D

Dawn_Treader likes this.