Mummy to Aggie n Bobbie

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by stylie, Oct 16, 2013.

1. stylie

stylie Registered Users

Hello to all,
    Firstly let me do the introductions i'm Jacquie and the proud owner of Aggie a 1 year old Black Labrador (13/10/13) who has a older re-homed brother called Bobbie a 5year old Bichon Frise( had him since April this year) we couldn't have 2 more different dogs!
    We got Aggie at 10 weeks and she has been a bit of a handful at times recently her toilet training has gone awol, she was being reasonably good up until 3 weeks ago when she started messing again! total despair and as i worked we were using puppy pads as a way of lessening the mess when i came home but we looked at some of the advice given on here and realised it it fact was not her but us and the confused signals we were giving her with regards to the puppy pads...when i am home on school hols she is great but when going back to work she was naughty so we took up the pads and her water during the night, didnt feed her after 6pm, walked her later that we normally did in the evening and low and behold she was clean no wee's or poops at any time so by putting the pads down it was telling her its ok to mess in the house and this for us was a overnight transformation so sometimes when we think our Labs are being defiant it is always worth looking at what we as owners are doing wrong. she is still at times having a chew up and a dig in the garden but im sure that that will soon end lol.
    well it was lovely saying hello to you all and i hope i will become a regular.
    Love all of us xx

2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Mummy to Aggie n Bobbie

Hi jacquie ,it would be lovey for you to become a regular....Aggie has the same birthday as my sister!
    You are totally right,Dexter a yellow one year old is our first dog and any problems we have had are of our making.The forum is so helpful,lots of advice from all different experience levels and all of it very much appreciated ;D when you are having a struggle it's lovely just to get some support from fellow 'dog' people :D you sound like you've been through it but have got on top of things....your experiences will help someone out soon I'm sure,
    Best wishes
    Angela

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi Jacquie,
    welcome to you and your furbabies.
    Good to hear you are getting things onto the right track.
    Lilly is 3&1/2 and a laid back black girl with a passion for deer chasing.
    We love pictures on here - do you think you can negotiate the tech section to post us one? ;D

Jacqui (aka jac)

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Hello and a warm welcome from me , two year old black Lab Sam and rescue scruffbag Millie :)
    Dont beat yourself up too much re the toileting issues , sometimes its a case of not seeing the wood for trees and then when pointed in the right direction , the penny drops into place . We all make mistakes along the way , this is why forums like this one are so good , for support, advice or just for a chat :)

5. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welcome to the forum! Great that you managed to crack the toilet training hiccup :)

6. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

hi an welcome from me and my jasper 10 month old tomorrow black lab.......wow where as that time gone :)

7. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Hey there and welcome from Poppy and me :).