My 11mth old lab waking to early

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by Coopie76, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Coopie76

Coopie76 Registered Users

My lab wakes around 445 now in the morning at my wits end dont know what to do I am struggling with lack of sleep. Any ideas ??

2. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welcome to you.

What do you do when he wakes up?

3. Coopie76

Hi
    Generally go downstairs to him see if he needs to go out then put him back to bed

4. Coopie76

He used to sleep till about 6am but has not done that for about 2 months now.

5. Maxx's Mum

Maxx's Mum Registered Users

Our darling (?) 16 week morning-owl is the same. He cries and one of us takes him outside for toilet then back in the pen....but he just keeps on crying. This morning it was 4.10am and yesterday 4.25. We ignore him as the second round of crying is obviously for attention/food. Hopefully he will soon get the message that crying does not work and he might start going back to sleep soon. Pleeeeease Maxx! It's not so bad during the week as I'm up at 5.00ish anyway to go to work...but I am struggling to remember what a lie-in is like on the weekend :oops:

At night time we are torn between putting him in his pen early so we can relax and have some non-puppy time versus keeping him up and hoping he sleeps later in the morning. He is still at the stage where he is either in his pen (and therefore falls asleep) or out with us completely supervised (meaning no sitting on the couch time for us!). If we play fetch he happily runs back and forwards with the toy, but without that distraction he just runs around chewing the furniture, plants, remotes and anything he can get his mouth around.

Just hoping he grows up soon! We are always tired :(.