My beautiful baby girl golden Labrador Shiloh was put to sleep yesterday I feel so empty

Discussion in 'The Rainbow Bridge' started by Shilohs mum, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Shilohs mum

Shilohs mum Registered Users

Thank you x

2. Candy

Candy Registered Users

So, so sorry. We lost our sweet, funny, loving girl Solstice to kidney failure at the end of February and can still both get upset thinking about it. My thoughts are with you. Shiloh's life was far too short but I'm sure the life she had with you was brilliant as well as very clearly filled with love.

Shilohs mum likes this.
  3. Shilohs mum

So sorry to hear of your loss the house is so empty without her thank you for your kind words

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

It is the most horrible time , I have had four weeks without Sam , he was only six years old , and just when I think things are a little easier , it all starts again . Please allow yourself to grieve and cry , tears are a good release , write about her too, it helps . I hope that one day , you will be able to think of your girl and smile , that's what I want to do too , it is awful xx

Shilohs mum likes this.
  5. Shilohs mum

I hope one day I will look back and smile having Shiloh gave me the best 3years of my life.her ashes are ready to collect but I don't think I'm ready yet I'm getting married on Saturday and I don't know how I'm gonna react seeing her ashes so they gonna look after Shiloh for me till next Monday then I bring her back home.ive brought myself a locket to wear on the day with shilohs picture and hair inside.i just feel awful that I can't bring myself to collect her this week x

6. kateincornwall

Don't feel bad please . I also have a locket with a snippet of hair , it keeps him close . I hope your wedding day is a wonderful one , and wish you much happiness for the future x

Shilohs mum likes this.
  7. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

@Shilohs mum you will feel some kind of comfort when you get Shiloh’s ashes. Sending you big hugs. D99A15E7-5B80-4068-8D27-4C6E5D115410.jpeg

Shilohs mum, Stacia and selina27 like this.
  8. Shilohs mum

thank you I love that picture and ince again thank you for all your lovely messages x

9. kateincornwall

@Pilatelover is so right . I felt a calmness when Sams ashes came home , it comforted me so much . I think you have to accept as normal , that you will have days when the loss is overwhelming , and days when it is easier to bear , but go with the flow xx

Shilohs mum likes this.
  10. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

I have my dog's ashes on my desk (he was put to sleep in September), they are in a wooden box inside a white cardboard box and I cannot bring myself to take them out of the cardboard box, I kiss the box frequently and felt so much better when he came home. For you, I think you are wise to wait until Monday, to wait until after the wedding. She will be with you in the locket so close to you, on your wedding day. xx

Shilohs mum, SwampDonkey and selina27 like this.
  11. Shilohs mum

thank you to everyone this page is helping me through a difficult time x

kateincornwall, Cath and Jazzmynn like this.
  12. Shilohs mum

Brought Shiloh back home today had a drive around with her first to the places we loved walking I love her so much and that love will always be there.im still heartbroken without her here by my side but I know one day I will meet up with Shiloh again at rainbow bridge love you always my baby girl x

13. Deboragh

Deboragh Registered Users

14. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

15. Deboragh

Deboragh Registered Users

We lost our dog Cleo a few days ago. So sorry for your loss.