my dog likes jumping to dogs and people

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by haruki, Feb 25, 2019.

1. haruki

haruki Registered Users

my puppy is a 5 months boy and is quite kind at home, but when he goes out and meet people ,he will become quite excited. For example, we have a nice walk without people and he is quite calm and folllw me. suddently a person appears, he will wag his tail and walk quickly. when the person goes throught us,he begins to jump to the person. The same suituion when a dog comes to us. He likes to jumping when plays with doy,which always annoyed to other dogs,some of dogs would bark to him. we try to let him sit and give snacks to distract his attention when dogs or people go throught. sometimes it works, but most of time it fails. so what should i do?when he was two months, most people think he was so cute and like to pet him and play with him. with his grow up people never pet him often,he become disppointed and can hum. most of time just sitting on the ground and wathing people. I'm so sad when he is disppointed. He is quite strong now ,which quite hard to control him when he is excited. can you give me some suggestions ,thanks.

2. WillowA

WillowA Registered Users

Every time someone is coming towards us I make my dog sit at the side to allow them to pass.
    Give high value treats when she is sitting nicely she gets the treat.
    We do this every time a jogger dog or person walk rides or runs past.
    Now she sits and waits for the treat as she associates people with treats.

3. haruki

haruki Registered Users

thanks for your input,we did it as you said,now he becomes more normal than before. only people want to say hello to him,then he will happy and jump. so we will go on training him. thank you.

WillowA likes this.