My Fox Red Lab

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by MichaelDewey, Jun 29, 2019.

1. MichaelDewey

MichaelDewey Registered Users

So I've had my dog (Pax) for almost 3 years now, got him as a puppy, my wife and I have noticed that he doesn't bark.... It's not that he doesn't bark much or not very often, he doesn't bark at all. He whimpers and sighs, so he is capable of making noise, he just doesn't bark. Pax is a very gentle and sensitive dog, so maybe that's part of it, We were wondering, is a normal thing for them?

I've had labs before, and they barked a lot. So we are unsure.

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hi Michael and Pax, welcome to the forum :)

I'm afraid I don't know much about Lab barking (except that I don't think I've ever met one that did bark much, and I'd never thought about it until now!)

Sometimes when you've got a specific question like this one, it helps to post it with the gist of the question in the title, so that people who know the answer realise you're looking for it.

I'll be interested to see what your find out!

3. 5labs

5labs Registered Users

One of mine never barks. I have never heard him bark. He's a sweet boy too. I think he just doesn't feel the need.
    The rest only ever bark if someone comes past the house (very rural lane) or knocks at the door.