My latest guest star: Tibor the Border Collie (or "How I Became a Seeing-Eye Human")

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Emily_BabbelHund, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Have a good 'gassy' and I hope you don't get a hard time from the lady. Just think back to your time in England and think happy thoughts and let it all go over your head. Army of Lambies waiting to help :D

Emily_BabbelHund likes this.
  2. Cath

Cath Registered Users

:cwl: All that forum Lab poo, can you imagine. She wouldn't be able to get to her letter box :cwl:

3. 20180815

20180815 Guest

How is Tibor doing?

4. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

:cwl:

5. Emily_BabbelHund

Just got back and let me say, all the kind (and funny!) posts are really helping. First of all, 'rescue head' (I'll just keep calling her that though it's a strange thing to call someone) was in fact very nice to me, even welcoming me with a hug. So it looks like whatever transgression, real or imagined, that I transgressed with Tibi has been forgiven/forgotten. Secondly, it was sworn up and down numerous times that the newly-rescued Romanian dogs all have foster homes. Whew!

Apparently Tibi had a short but unremarkable rough patch with his new "brother" (other male dog in the household) but all sorted itself out and he's doing great. He follows his human around by constantly sticking his nose in her backside, which she finds endearing. Considering that they've now been together nearly three months, we can now consider this an official happy ending! :)

On the downside, apparently there has been some big break in the rescue factions (not a huge surprise considering the charged atmosphere of last summer) and a good chunk of the Gassi group (which consisted mainly of other volunteers and humans who had adopted the their rescue dogs) no longer join the walks. It was a very small group this morning. This does make me sad as the weekly Gassis were the only time I saw most of them, so I will miss both the humans and the dogs.

This also worries me a bit for my future puppy/dog as the dogs who are left are the ones with the biggest dog-on-dog aggression problems. With the larger group, they were in the minority, now definitely in the majority (though there are still a couple kind and gentle souls in the mix). For the same reason that I already wouldn't bring Fine (small but mighty chihuahua) to the walks, I no longer feel it would be a good idea to even attempt to bring a puppy or young dog. Obviously that's a long way off, but when the time comes, that one is going to be hard to explain.

Also the stories and videos of the dogs that didn't get rescued in last week's prison break from Romania were exactly as I knew they would be - heartbreaking. Last summer with Tibi aside, I do wish 'rescue head' could see the good she does accomplish instead of the hundreds she has to leave behind. I don't know how she can continue to sustain that level of mental anguish and still function. I was only there for a few hours, and I think I'll need the rest of the afternoon on the sofa with a comedy on Netflix and a pint of Ben & Jerry's before I'm even in good enough shape to face another human.

I also wrestled with three plus sold hours of German. Eee gads. Culture shock when I went to England, culture shock (or more accurately language shock) on the way back to Germany. Honestly, as much as I'm tired of moving around lately, it kind of makes me want to jump ship and head directly to Spain! Or "Labratour Part III: Labrasanta" in the UK? :D

Granca and Cath like this.
  6. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

LABRASANTA!!!! YEAH!

7. Emily_BabbelHund

Or "Santador"? :p

snowbunny and Rosie like this.