My mums cat died :(

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Penny+Me, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

Well I guess she was my cat too as we got her when I still lived at home.

By our estimates she was about 13 years old so she had a good innings. We got her when she was about 2 from the cats protection league.

The really sad thing is that my parents are currently away on holiday in Cyprus... They're not back until the 24th. I had a Phonecall from my gran this morning to say the neighbour who had been going in to feed Charlie had found her dead this morning :(

So today I am sad. As well as a personal issue to deal with this week I now have the death of my childhood pet, and the worry about telling my parents to deal with. My gran and I both agreed that we wouldn't tell my family until they came back from holiday as there's no point in upsetting them whilst they are away.

Today I am sad :(

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Re: My mums cat died :(

Sorry to hear that Lauren. :'(

3. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Ah Lauren I'm sad thinking you are sad......it's hard isn't it!has she been poorly ?the neighbour must have got a dreadful shock :'(
    I left home a couple of times ::) before I finally left home for Dubai .....I had 2 cats ,Cleo and Little Guy! And they ended up being permanently installed at my parents house when I left the country ......totally dominating the spaniels ::) :eek: They both lived to 16 and 17 respectively but died within a couple of months of each other :'( I wasn't any less upset because they weren't living with me....I wish I'd thought ahead and got a kitten when we got Dexter.....
    I think you are doing the right thing waiting to tell everyone until they get back ...there's nothing they can do and they will be sad for sure x

4. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Big hugs xx{{hugs}}xx

5. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

It's always so sad to lose a beloved pet :( *hugs*

6. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I'm really sorry. Hugs to you.

7. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

Sorry to hear that Lauren, be comforted by the happy years you gave her after you rescued her.

8. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Oh Lauren, I am so sorry to hear this.
    I think you are doing the right thing by not telling them, I am sure they would do the same.
    {{{hugs}}} from me too :(

9. Karen

Karen Registered Users

How sad :(

10. charlie

charlie Registered Users

:'( So sorry x

11. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

I am so sorry. Your parents will be upset when they come home, oh it is so sad when our beloved animals die.

12. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

Oh I'm so sorry, what a sad loss and such a hideous job to tell them at the end of their holiday. my heart goes out to you x x

13. lablover

lablover Registered Users

Lauren, so sorry, I've just seen this. Just want to send you hugs. You're doing the right thing waiting until your parents are home. Thinking of you.

14. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

Thanks all

Yes jen, we figured there's nothing they can do in Cyprus and it will just ruin the last half of their holiday - probably the last one all together as my sisters are getting too old to go away with parents anymore lol. Plus they've always said in years gone by if anything happens to any of the animals while they're away to just sort it out and they'll deal with it when they are home - they don't want to know while they're away.

I just feel so sad about the fact that poor Charlie was all on her own and that the poor neighbour had to go in to find her like that.

I'm almost literally kicking myself as I was going to go over Thursday night to check on her as the neighbour had said she hadn't seen her all day - not unusual for a cat but not normal for Charlie. In the end I opted for going out if she hadn't turned up by Friday afternoon and then I got the call on the Friday morning. I keep wondering if I had gone over on the Thursday if I could have helped or taken her to the vet if I had seen that she was ill but there was just no indication that anything was wrong :(

15. Karen

Karen Registered Users

You know Lauren - animals, like people, often like peace and quiet when they are dying. Don't feel bad - Charlie is at peace now.

16. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Sad news Lauren , cats are masters as hiding illness , so pleased don't worry or feel bad about him passing away alone , I doubt he knew what was happening, he knew that he was loved and that's all that matters, hugs xx

17. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

My heartfelt sympathies go out to you.

18. Hachi's mummy

Hachi's mummy Registered Users

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, loosing a pet at any time is just so hard for all the family, but for them to pass away while your parents are on holiday is going to be so hard for you all.
    I have 3 cats 14, 13 and 5 all rescue cats so I understand how you must be feeling hun, sending you a big hug.

Waiting till mum and dad are home is the best plan, as you said they can't do anything and it would spoil their holiday.

You did a lovely thing by taking in a rescue and I'm sure your darling cat was loved and cherished like no other.
    Lots of love to you and your family xxx

19. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

So sorry it happened to me not long ago I love cats such wonderful creatures.hugs

20. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

It is always so sad when a beloved animal dies, we miss them so much but isn't that a wonderful memorium to them to be so loved.