My puppy

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by punky1991, Apr 29, 2015.

1. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Re: My puppy

[quote author=Rosie link=topic=10751.msg160049#msg160049 date=1430386334]
    [quote author=Dexter link=topic=10751.msg160029#msg160029 date=1430382667]
    Rosie is lovely. Very cute x
    [/quote]

That is very kind of you but I'm sure you mean Roxie. ;) ;D
    [/quote]

;D ;D ;D

2. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Here she is, and she's gorgeous xx

3. punky1991

punky1991 Registered Users

thank you i love her. she is a handful so much energy for such a young puppy lol. she will follow me all over i had her following me the one day till she saw a guy walking down the road had to run after her lol she really wanted to say hello.

4. snowbunny

[quote author=punky1991 link=topic=10751.msg160098#msg160098 date=1430398851]
    thank you i love her. she is a handful so much energy for such a young puppy lol. she will follow me all over i had her following me the one day till she saw a guy walking down the road had to run after her lol she really wanted to say hello.
    [/quote]

Until she's had all her injections, you really shouldn't be letting her on the road (or any public floor) because of the risks of parvovirus (and other nasties). It's a puppy killer, and can stay active on the ground for over a year, so even if there's no other dogs around, it doesn't mean there's no danger.

5. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

[quote author=punky1991 link=topic=10751.msg160098#msg160098 date=1430398851]
    [/quote]

Ha ha, that's the labrador in her! You will soon be tearing your hair out because she insists on saying hello to everyone! ;D ;D ;D They are lovely.

As snowbunny says, you probably want to avoid her having too much exposure to nasties until she has had her full set of injections - it sounds harsh to keep her from exploring outside the way she wants to, but better safe than sorry. How long before she has had her injections?

6. punky1991

he said she had her parvo shot and been wormed and he needs to come give her a distemper shot

7. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

[quote author=punky1991 link=topic=10751.msg160132#msg160132 date=1430403495]
    he said she had her parvo shot and been wormed and he needs to come give her a distemper shot
    [/quote]

Even though she has had the first vaccination she doesn't have full protection and shouldn't be allowed out on the road or other public places. You can take her out but carry her and not allow her on the ground.

8. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Just looked at the pictures again - you have such a beautiful puppy!

9. punky1991

i had her out in my yard following me around she just saw the guy walking down the road and got excited and started running to him i caught her before she made it out of the yard

10. punky1991

thanks gave her a bath the other day she did really well.

11. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Just seen your photos - she's beautiful and big!!

12. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

What a gorgeous pup she is :D

13. punky1991

thanks yes i think they are big puppies (Link removed because we don't allow puppy adverts) this is whats left

14. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Have you brought the puppy home already? She is just 7 weeks old today (if I've got the birthdate right :) ) but they need to stay with their mother and the litter until 8 weeks of age.

15. punky1991

yes i have her.

16. snowbunny

Aw, poor thing, that's very early for her to leave her mum. :(

You may (probably) find you have extra issues with her biting, too, because she's not had those valuable lessons from her mother and the rest of the litter. Is it possible that she could go back until she's eight weeks of age? It's not a lot of time for you, but it's a big deal for a little pup.

17. punky1991

no she is fully weaned and doing good.

18. snowbunny

It's not just about weaning, it's about learning lessons from their mum. Like the biting. Many puppies are weaned at 4.5 weeks, but it doesn't mean they're ready to leave their mother. It's so sad when people separate the puppies too early and can lead to other problems later on :(

19. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

[quote author=snowbunny link=topic=10751.msg160432#msg160432 date=1430484498]
    It's not just about weaning, it's about learning lessons from their mum. Like the biting. Many puppies are weaned at 4.5 weeks, but it doesn't mean they're ready to leave their mother. It's so sad when people separate the puppies too early and can lead to other problems later on :(
    [/quote]
    Many puppies at 7 weeks will still suckle from Mum given the opportunity despite eating solid food. Mum is their comfort point when the big wide world gets too frightening or confusing. Puppies learn much about good behaviour from mum and their litter mates which is why it is important that they are not separated too early (i.e. preferably not before 8 weeks), particularly bite inhibition. Registered breeders in the UK keep puppies with um until at least 8 weeks, in France the norm is 10 weeks and as I understand it in some States in the US it is a legal requirement for the pups to be 8 weeks old before going to new homes.

20. punky1991

she was weaned from her mom wasn't with her anymore she is doing good. she is around other dogs and lots of people