Need help with eating stuff outdoors

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by CatThief, Oct 26, 2015.

1. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Sounds as if you made some progress today. Juno loves leaves and twigs, and we have plenty of those around the garden but she happily gives them up when asked sometimes she gets a treats, sometimes she doesn't :D. Take one day at a time and you'll get there. On Sunday while out walking in the sun Juno caught a leaf as it floated down from the tree and was very pleased with herself, until I said drop it, which she did and was then rewarded with a treat.

2. Newbie Lab Owner

Newbie Lab Owner Registered Users

It's so lovely to hear that you had a break through today, it's the little forward steps that are important.
    I sometimes (often more like) forget this, it's good for us to be able to be reminded when we have these glitches and get friendly advice from other dog owners on this forum. Well done to you both, keep taking those little steps as one day you'll look back and see what a giant leap you made.

3. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Midge and Rory broke into the upstairs of our house to get to the cat litter tray. when i caught them they were boncing on my bed sprayed cat poo and litter out of their mouths they were having a lovely time...
    Rory leave its pretty good but i've noticed he will pick up things that are a no no just so i will give him a treat. The most adorable thing is he will find a stone or coin from god only know where and then get on my knee so that I will take it off him and give him a cuddle he's so soppy. He always gives it up he just needs a cuddle too.
    I'm glad he's got through his pick up anything time as i'd find things like a disney princess and key fobs in his mouth. Stones are the worse but he leaves then totally alone now.
    My friends dog murphy dove into a river found a really big stone which he could only just fit into his mouth but not swallow and dived, the force of the water drove this huge stone into his throat and then tummy, it nearly killed him and he had to have surgery. He's fine now but its it a big worry for his people.
    Youre doing brilliantly keep going you will have set backs but you will get better at dealing with them every time. So glad you are getting somewhere now