new black labrador puppy 4 months old

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by puppy mom, Aug 9, 2017.

1. puppy mom

puppy mom Registered Users

Hi, thank you so much for responding. without this site I felt so alone and without any knowledge of
    raising my puppy. I know when she curls up in my lap and looks into my face that she is trusting me to take good care of her. I made that promise to her from day one. They all are gifts from God us. she walks very well and sometimes I feel myself standing up straight and tall because of how much pride I have for her. I took have a bad left hand and sometimes it give me a lot of pain. I will speak with the perfect collar company on Monday, to let them know this is still happening . Thank you all for your advise.
    Puppy Mom

selina27 and SwampDonkey like this.
  2. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Hello and welcome to the forum from my two Fred, Annie and me here in Cheshire. Have you any photos of Two Socks?

3. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welcome to you from Mags, Tatze, Mollie and Keir from Manchester UK :hi:

Tatze is my pet dog, a black Lab and she's four years old. Tatze means 'paw' in German.

Mollie is my fourth Guide Dog puppy, a black Lab who is twelve months old. Keir is my fifth Guide Dog puppy, a yellow Golden Retriever/Flatcoat cross and he's eighteen weeks old. He’s very different from the Labs!

4. puppy mom

Hi, I don't know how to post a picture. I do have pictures, but will have to figure out how to post them

5. puppy mom

Hi, what a great name Tatze! Mags, Tatze, Mollie and Keir, WoW how do you do it with that many ? My son has a yellow Golden Retriever/ she is 14 years , Gracie. She doesn't want anything to do with Two Socks. of course Two Socks wants to play and Gracie doesn't want that. I am learning so much here. this forum is great!! Do your train Guide Dog puppies? I have always wondered how they become so trained and gentle.

6. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

They are bred to be very bold, so they can be very hard work as pups lol

Yes, we train Bronze, Silver and Gold KC good citizen awards plus lots of other Guide Dog related things like spending in a small concrete area and walking ahead rather than to heel etc. They need to be taken into shops, shopping centres, busy cities, trains, trams, buses and so on so that they are bomb proof once they go to school, so a lot more lead walks than pet dogs.

Here are our puppy development documents if you are interested :)

http://www.guidedogs.org.uk/support...int/puppy-walking-development-documents#84634