New clothes...

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by selina27, Aug 31, 2017.

1. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

..does anyone else's Lab do this? When Cassie was small, and also through her rhino charge zoomie phase, I tended to wear the same, rather boring clothes that didn't matter with the nipping. As that has dissipated in recent months I've begun to wear other items and she always has to inspect them and try and mouth them. Last night I put on a sleeveless jumper that I bought on my trip away, well she was utterly fascinated, and almost had to sniff every square inch. It was quite sweet but did get a bit wearing after 20 minutes! It's not a problem, I'm just curious as to other's experiences.

2. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

I don't usally get the sniffathon on clothes I've had in the wardrobe and not worn BUT new clothes are hugely attractive and require a lot of sniffing. I put it down to the amazing range of scents the clothes must have from all the different people that have handled them through manufacture, packing, distribution and in the store :)

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Interesting......but not something that happens in our house!

4. Sven

Sven Registered Users

Vanilla does this. If it is a new item that she has not seen before or a washed item I get the sniff up and down until she is satisfied. There is also a look of excitment in her face and tail when she realises it is not work clothes but casual ones. Just means more her time

5. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

Yes, Molly does this and so have all our dogs. I always thought it was a comment on my clothes choice :D I do tend to wear big baggy stuff.

selina27 likes this.
  6. selina27

Well she seemed really thrilled by the cashmere jumper I bought in Scotland :) I won't tell her it was on the bargain rail cos it's imperfect !

FayRose likes this.
  7. selina27

Yes, Cass definitely knows my work uniform, -- it means Kong!

Sven likes this.
  8. Snowshoe

Snowshoe Registered Users

YES. It doesn't happen as much now as I'm retired and don't need new clothes for work anymore. But it was a bit of a problem. Put something new on to meet a client and end up with sniffy drool marks somewhere.

drjs@5 and selina27 like this.
  9. Jazzmynn

Jazzmynn Registered Users

Ariel does this with any new items too. It turns into more of a frenzied snort fest with her!

selina27 likes this.
  10. selina27

Yes I know what you mean, I've never had a dog do it before!