New fines in my area

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by snowbunny, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

These two are giving a master class! (credit to lifeofscooter.com)

Screenshot 2017-02-22 23.11.38.png

2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

:rofl:

Blimey Fiona,getting as bad as Dubai...well worse we don't have rules against weeing and feeding...the total blanket rule of no dogs off lead ANYWHERE is our worst one....the police were patrolling the other day in a part of the desert I use and stopped my friend :(

3. Emily_BabbelHund

Clearly this is not the important point here, but I'm curious - did they hand all these rules out in pamphlets in English, or are you translating for us from Spanish or Catalan? Just thought it would be a little strange that they produce this stuff in English. Unless they think they have some big perceived doggie crime wave brought on by tourists?

4. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

If people don't like dogs and are scared of them they will see them as dangerous. We get it a lot here your dog should be muzzled you dog should be in a lead blar blar blar. When all the dog has done has walked passed. It depends who judges what dangerous . They don't know the rules of the park but we do. They think they are ok to comment usually rudely on our behaviour. I can see a time when we and our dogs will have no freedom here at all.

5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Oh no, definitely just Catalan!

On a slightly different note, a few years ago, in the summer, there was a, untagged bear sighting close to the village. This is very unusual here (I can hear the sniggers from the Canadian contingent ;) ) and they drove round the villages with a loudhailer, telling people not to go walking until the bear was found and tagged.
    They only broadcast this message in Catalan. No matter the number of cloggies we have here in the summer, or Spanish that don't speak Catalan!

Lisa and Emily_BabbelHund like this.
  6. Emily_BabbelHund

Maybe they just didn't mind if the Spanish or other tourists got eaten. :rolleyes:

That's some serious Catalonian linguistic isolationist attitude:

"If you do not care enough to learn Catalan, you deserve to to eaten by the *sausage* bear!"

7. Ski-Patroller

Ski-Patroller Cooper, Terminally Cute

Was this in Andorra or Spain. I assume Andorra since you were talking about ski trails. Where do they think the yellow snow comes from? Mostly not dogs;). Skiers and climbers have to carry blue bags when they go into the alpine areas above the treeline here. Do they have someone checking the wolves, foxes, and bears for tags and blue bags?

Makes me kind of glad I live in the US. While we can't take our dogs in restaurants, and we are supposed to pick up dog poo, things are mostly a lot less controlled. (Think Wild West). Dogs are not allowed on most groomed Cross Country Ski trails, and in most developed ski areas, due to collision danger, but most all State and National Forests are open, to dogs off leash. Many Backcountry Skiers take their dogs with them. All National and most Oregon State Parks require leashes, except at the beach.

8. Ski-Patroller

Ski-Patroller Cooper, Terminally Cute

Tagged bears aren't dangerous?? Maybe we should tag all our bears. We are supposed to use bear resistant garbage cans at our cabin on Mt Hood.

Lisa, drjs@5 and MF like this.
  9. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hehe, no, we just have very, very few bears (the Pyrenean bear is all but extinct - there are only around 30 in total) and the conservationists try to keep an eye on them, so having a sighting of an untagged one is a very rare event. They normally try to keep the bears away from populated areas for their own good, because the farmers will kill them.

10. MF

MF Registered Users

There's a sign at a local garden center that states that dogs must wear nappies if entering the premises! I ignored the sign cos I needed to go in, and Snowie promptly weed on their fake grass (on display, for sale!) cos he had learned to wee on fake grass at doggy day care!

11. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Have you seen this?
    :D:D:D:D

Emily_BabbelHund likes this.
  12. MF

MF Registered Users

Hilarious!! The poor dog looked a bit sheepish being filmed.

My husband and I were walking in the city centre gardens some years ago and saw a dog walker with a GSD and another dog. GSD stopped in the middle of the paved path and assumed the position. The dog walker positioned his dust pan (yes, he was walking with a dust pan!) under the relevant area and deftly caught the droppings before they touched the ground. We were most impressed!

Beanwood and snowbunny like this.
  13. Emily_BabbelHund

Oh, Snowie...you just make me so happy! :happyfeet:

MF likes this.
  14. Emily_BabbelHund

I noticed they missed filming the bit where the dog walks around through town for 10 minutes, sniffs out the right spot, decides it's not the right spot, walks five more minutes, turns in 25 circles, and then has a poo...all with the embarrassment of having a tiny little waste bin stuck to his butt.

:facepalm:

Yeah, I know guide dogs are taught to eliminate on command, but for the average pooch? That's asking an awful lot! :D

drjs@5 and MF like this.