New Harness

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Sven, Apr 11, 2017.

1. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Standing on the lead isn't very effective if your dog is wearing a harness unfortunately, I don't find it helps.

If you are physically unable to cope with a strong dog - but you've got one - then that's a bit of a difficulty, really, and you very well may find you have to use some sort of device if you can't cope otherwise.

2. 20180815

20180815 Guest

Ah well that's a shame :/ I guess I'm going to need to do some trial and error in mitigating those times when he might be apt to lunge, until his training is more complete and he's calmer overall. I don't want to resort to anything that could cause him damage unless there's no other choice.

3. Sven

Sven Registered Users

@SilverFalcon no need to seperate conversation.
    This color is the artic one.

We have the same problem re:lunging. We ended on stepping on the lead when she has a flat collar. As we ordered their lead, this now allows me to quickly undo one end of her lead while still being attached to the harness (each end has a clip). That way I can attach it to the collar and park her. We ended up doing that last couple of walks in the morning, as there is one dog she spots in the distance and they boyh get super excited as they get nearer. So a lot of training going on and it is getting better compared to what it was a month ago.
    That could be a consideration given that it is only a back fastening harness.

4. 20180815

20180815 Guest

@Sven Something else to add to the wish list :chuckle:

Sven likes this.