New Labrador pup and I’m completely overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by David Poole, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Not very. I am in the UK and went to the kennel club obedience classes. I can't remember but i do remember they were great value for money and didn't break the bank. Have a google :)

2. David Poole

David Poole Registered Users

UPDATE:

Things have been going well. House training has gone well and Sam is sleeping through the night (3 nights in a row).

today is also the first day Sam is spending with the dog sitter. We found someone a few minutes away that also has an 11 week old puppy and a 2 year old lab that will watch him and do done training. Sam spent 30 minutes there yesterday playing with the pup and he was calm as a Hindu cow the rest of the day.

MontesMum likes this.
  3. David Poole

[​IMG]

UPDATE 2:

Sam is still doing well. I’m ready to call him house trained. He’s only 13 weeks so he can’t hold it very long. He had a few bad nights where he had to pee a couple times each night but last night he slept all the way through. He’s walking well on the leash and the biting is easing up. Having him spend time with other dogs has been helping immensely.

I haven’t focused too much on training other than sit and come.

Edp likes this.
  4. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Fabulous to hear @David Poole , great progress. What a gorgeous pup :)

5. Debbd

Debbd Registered Users

Wow! That's great sleeping time for a little guy!! Sounds like you have a great pup that you love very much. Best of luck!

6. David Poole

Yup. He’s a cutie. Stubborn and smarter than I wanted him to be. Lol. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Joy and Edp like this.
  7. David Poole

Wanted to post an update. Sam is doing well. He’s still a handful but progressing. Here are a couple pics of Sam and his “girlfriend” Nas, a German Wirehair Pointer. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Joy and Edp like this.
  8. David Poole

Update 3:

Sam is doing well. We are averaging 4 miles a day through the woods and I’m happy to report that despite all these miles we are covering I’m still a fat ass.

we’ve been doing lots of work off the lead. He comes pretty well Is great with heeling on the lead and soon we will start other training. He is terrible when he sees other people or dogs. I was taking him to stores to meet and interact with other people but now that we are living with coronavirus I stopped that.

The last pic is of Sam looking longingly at his girlfriend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mart and Joy like this.