New member from Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Oklahoma American, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Oklahoma American

Oklahoma American Registered Users

I don't see the post new thread start new thread or whatever so I will just say hello here.
    Hello :D
    As you may have noticed I am from America and also from the state of Oklahoma .
    I did not see any info on lost dogs or advice on getting a dog back. Sure it is here maybe I am just overlooking .
    Why I mention is my black lab pup was stolen from my home 2 weeks ago today. I have made a sheriffs report since I live in the country I have investigated enough to know who the guy is and the town he lives in and where he works. SO! HOW do you get the cops to do ANYTHING! They said they would just go to the door and ask and thats it. Soon as this creep says "No I ain't got a dog"
    GAME OVER! So? What is a guuy to do? Anyone been here and any info shared I would appreciate. I wish I coulda figured out how to start a new thread this seems a little ridiculous hanging it on the back of someone elses post. I apologize for that buut iI am new to the forum but not new to the newsletter.
    Thanks to anyonein advance and howdoos from Oklahoma!

Moderator Note: I put your post into its own thread :)
    - Rachael (Oberon)

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hi. There isn't a section on lost dogs as that's not what this forum is about. Sorry to hear about your dog being taken, I don't know the laws in the USA so can't help there unfortunately. Hope you manage to get him back.

3. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Hi there, and I so sorry that your puppy has been stolen, how terribly distressing for you...

Have you looked at resources such as:

https://lostdogsofamerica.org/

They may have the experience and expertise that the police do not have.

Best of luck and please do keep us posted, from me (Kate) and the Beanwood Pack based in the South West of the UK.

4. Joy

Joy Registered Users

What an awful thing to have happened! Most of us on here are on the UK where dogs have to be microchipped by law, so procedures would be different,.

In your situation I would contact all the vets in the area where you think your puppy is with a poster and photos clearly showing your dog’s posture, face etc. I’d also put ads in papers, shop windows etc and possibly offer a reward for a safe return.
    I’d have it all over Facebook (settings to public).
    I’d go to dog walking spots (dog parks?) at popular times of day and talk to people / hand out leaflets.
    Good luck.

Beanwood likes this.