New member from uk but not a Lab

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Dave Collins, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Dave Collins

Dave Collins Registered Users

Hi, just thought I would say hello. My dog is not a lab but a 15 month old Irish setter called Henry, still a gundog and very similar is most ways.
    Already found the site very useful, the article on getting them to walk closer works a treat, I can do a full walk and not need to call him once he’s always/mostly right there.
    The article on poo eating backs up what I thought about kibble/meat, changed Henry to a high quality meat diet(not raw) and the poo eating has 99% gone.
    Just about to start retraining his recall, never proofed it first time round.

So that’s it so far, hope you don’t mind an interloper but this forum/site is so much better than anything I can find for the Irish setter

selina27, Cath and Plum's mum like this.
  2. tom@labforumHQ

tom@labforumHQ Administrator Staff Member

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum! Everyone's welcome here and you definitely don't need a lab of your own to be part of the conversation . :)

3. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Hello and welcome to you and Henry from my two Fred, Annie and me.

4. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

Hi and welcome, from me and my two labs.

Love Red Setters! I previously had an English Pointer who's best mate was Reggie, a beautiful Red Setter, there wasn't another dog around of any breed who could keep up with those two when they were galloping around the field at full stretch.

selina27 likes this.
  5. Dave Collins

Dave Collins Registered Users

Thank you for the welcome

6. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

Hi Dave, welcome to you and Henry from myself and Cassie, who is 2 yrs 3months old. She is my first Lab, not my first dog.

Irish Setters are very beautiful. When I was growing up we had a Gordon Setter, she was fab :)

7. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Hi Dave and welcome :). Glad you are finding the website helpful!