New Puppy and Working

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by Paula Lucas, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Paula Lucas

Paula Lucas Registered Users

Hello, I'm new to the group and wanted to get your opinion.

We are set out to pick up our 8-week old puppy next week and I will stay home for a week with him to help him get settled. I would like to crate train him, so I have a crate to use for when we are sleeping in my bedroom, and a crate to use for during the time I am home with him. I will select the family room since this is an area we will mostly be in. The potty area will be a spot in my backyard and I will set the alarm for when I get up to take the puppy out.

* Is it wise to use two crates as stated above?
    * How often should I set my alarm if we go to bed a 9 pm. Every 3 hours or so?
    * After some time of training, is it okay if I move him to another room in the house to sleep at night (in a crate)? If so, about 12 weeks of age to move him to another location to sleep or when?

After my week's vacation and being with the puppy for that week, I have to go back to work full-time.

* How do you do this? I was thinking of setting him up in the laundry room inside a play-pen with his crate open and with pee pads, but then I will be doing another form of potty training from the crate training I plan to do the first week with him (taking him outside to poo/pee).

Any suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated.

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Paula Lucas and Edp like this.