New Puppy Day

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by jade805, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: New Puppy Day

What a little cutie. Lovely photo of her sleeping with the rope toy :)

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Gorgeous :)

jac

3. Moorlands

Moorlands Registered Users

Oh, babe. There's nothing quite like the small squidge of a Labrador puppy. Beautiful.

Kerryn

4. jade805

jade805 Registered Users

Good morning!

We left her at 1130 for bed, she cried for a hour then had a good sleep. She cried on and off until 5 which was the time I was planning to leave her for. Was that right? (I am now sat in the floor with a sleep puppy head on my legs.

5. Karen

Karen Registered Users

What a little sweetheart!

Oh dear, poor little thing - and poor you! Isnt it horrid when they cry at night?Just make sure that you only let her out of the crate when she is NOT crying, otherwise she'll just cry harder and longer the next time. Have you read Pippa's excellent advice on crate training? It's very helpful. The main thing is, you don't want her to have negative associations with the crate - it should come to be her safe place, where she feels comfortable and secure, so it's a tricky balance at first... Don't worry, you'll get there!

6. jade805

jade805 Registered Users

Yeah, I read it. Had her door open last night. I knew if she just called down and went back into the create she would sleep. The crying was louder than i expected!
    :eek:

7. jade805

jade805 Registered Users

Hiya, feel like we had a better nights sleep. (think we just to the crying as she still did it). She was asleep and quiet at 5.45 so I decided to go wake her up while she wasn't making any noise.

Its just me, Amy and the boys for a few days now as my husband often works away. (Lucky Guy!)

8. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

That's a perfect way to start the day. Lovely for her to know that if she curls up and goes to sleep, someone nice will come and get her. :D

Pippa

9. Sersi

Sersi Registered Users

she's absolutely adorable, enjoy!

10. debsie

debsie Registered Users

oh she is beautiful, what a gorgeous puppy. You just want to pick them up and cuddle them....I found it so hard to ignore Cuillin crying in her crate (and boy did she cry, well screech actually..), and worried about her liking it....now at the ripe old age of eighteen months she loves her crate, its still her place of safety, she likes to go in there when anything scares her. enjoy these fantastic puppy days, I can't believe how quickly they went by with my two...

11. Sersi

Sersi Registered Users

amazingly I have never heard Digby cry

12. themartinlabs

themartinlabs Registered Users

Congratulations! I am also a momma of a new puppy, and we use pieces of her kibble to train her instead of treats. I don't know much bout the clicker, but we have just started her training. She can do a few commands so far, and she's gotten so much better at being house trained. She's not there yet, but it's better than when we first got her. And she's gotten comfortable walking on the leash. Just make sure you stay consistent in your commands and don't give up if they disobey. If you say no and they still do it, don't just say whatever. Stick to your guns!

13. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Teresa I have moved your post to a new topic on the Puppies board, called Crate Training Cash.