New To This all

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Jacqueline de Best, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Jacqueline de Best

Jacqueline de Best Registered Users

This is our 3rd lab however 1st puppy in 26 years.!! we were lucky with puppy #2 she came to us fully trained and was amazing... and our first was never properly trained...so i am hell bent to have Boomer trained. ( plus i am retired and no children just a house being build)I am doing ok she follows me beaurtifully on the trails and kind of knows to stay behind or beside me. if she runs ahead i call sit and she does and i go ahead . Then a little further down with her behind me i ask her to sit and i give her a treat... I dont know if thats too complicated if she is getting the treat only comes if she is beside or behind me or not... then my husband and i go for walks and that routine gets modified a bit...she gets distracted with all the nature sounds as well so its a bit overwhelming for her and I ...I started putting her on the leash as she was not listening and getting distracted..its difficult to be consistent i am finding. There is so much wide open space and no enclosed areas so that is why she must learn to follow and come when called ...