Newbie!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Leanne82, Apr 15, 2018.

1. sak69GR

sak69GR Registered Users

Welcome to the forum from me and Bruno to you and your beautifull puppy.
    Have you tested that the specific puppy is suitable for a 'service dog'? Not all labradors are right for service dogs like not all German Shepherds are right for police dogs.
    There are several tests around the internet and youtube to test your puppy. I'm writing this because I see that you have some expectations from your dog. That doesn't mean that a not suitable dog is a 'bad' dog. Every dog and especially labradors are great.

2. Leanne82

Leanne82 Registered Users

Thanks for the reply! He won’t be a service dog but will be being used for therapeutic intervention.

The breeder is experienced and has highlighted the puppy she feels is suitable and we have also had some input from Patty Gross at Northstar dogs (ASD). If you have any specific stuff though I would love to have a look at it!

3. Lorraine Seale

Lorraine Seale Registered Users

We have had issues with Hunter and we were not sure if the expensive insurance was a good idea with the puppy being so young. Now I am so pleased we chose it. 2 operations and 2300 euro's so far in the last 2 months!!! I don't get everything reimbursed but it helps!! Check your insurance covers hips/elbows etc. Enjoy the puppy phase , take lots of photo's and welcome to the Labrador forum.

drjs@5 likes this.
  4. sak69GR

sak69GR Registered Users

Here is a video from youtube with some simple tests you can do at home to find out your dogs personality.

5. Leanne82

Brilliant! Thank you! We are off to meet him TOMORROW :cancan::cancan: so will try a few bits!

6. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Please don't try the pain threshold or the "dominance" tests. Those are just unnecessary and cruel.

selina27 likes this.
  7. Leanne82

HAd no intentions of :)

selina27 and snowbunny like this.