Non spill water bowls?

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by LizzyB23, May 29, 2021.

1. LizzyB23

LizzyB23 Registered Users

Hi there,
    Anyone have any recommendations for non spill water bowls.
    My 6 month old girly likes to splash in her bowl until its empty, the take it outside. She has broken 2 on the patio so far and my floor is a mess

2. Michael A Brooks

Michael A Brooks Registered Users

Hi LizzyB23

Buy a heavy ceramic food bowl. She won't be able to pick it up. In order to avoid the splashing about put the bowl on a short table. Better still provide her with a small wading pool to splash around in outside. As she loses value in splashing about in the water bowl gradually lower it towards the floor.

Edp likes this.
  3. amelbeach

amelbeach Registered Users

He loves to walk around with bowls in general. Bonus points when water is being thrown through the house. Makes for a lovely kind of water skating. Too bad for him that I like joints to stay intact ;)

snaptube vidmate

4. Annamarie Gebar

Annamarie Gebar Registered Users

My Sophie is 12 weeks and likes to carry the empty ceramic bowl in her mouth and drag it. I don’t know how she hasn’t broken a puppy tooth!

I’m considering one of those raised feeding stations that holds both bowls. If she can drag a wooden feeding station with her teeth then I have bigger problems! LOL

5. LizzyB23

LizzyB23 Registered Users

Ha ha, you probably do! I bought one of these http://www.roadrefresher.com/
    It didn't work straight away, but the water digging is less rewarding and she has nearly stopped bothering