Not excited about a walk

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Sunshine86, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Sunshine86

Sunshine86 Registered Users

zeus is 18 weeks and never seems to be excited at the prospect of a walk. If you show him his harness and say shall we go for a walk, he doesn’t seem overly bothered. Is it that he hasn’t made the association yet that harness = walk or does he not enjoy his walks? He seems fine when we are out other than pulling. But he loves being off his lead and has great recall.

2. SianMJ

SianMJ Registered Users

Gwenni is the same at 9 months and always has been! All my other dogs used to get excited even if I got my walking shoes ! It’s just how she is I guess , loves her walks though:)

Sunshine86 likes this.
  3. J.D

J.D Registered Users

It’s much easier to put a harness on a calm dog than one who is jumping around, biting the harness and over excited to be going out! Take this as as positive rather than a potential issue.

Ian73 and Sunshine86 like this.
  4. Sunshine86

Sunshine86 Registered Users

Oh he still bites the harness even if he isn’t jumping around!! :rolleyes: I definitely think Zeus has crocodile or lion somewhere in him!!!

J.D likes this.
  5. Ruth Buckley

Ruth Buckley Registered Users

Harnesses are a difficult one for me. I would definitely prefer to use one as it reduces pulling and is better for his neck but there's no doubt that Loki absolutely hates having it put on. I have tried numerous styles but always have to use some bribery/trickery. He runs over and cooperates for collar and lead but hides if sees the harness so we very rarely use one now and he walks ok on a normal collar.