Not keeping water down

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Jes72, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Jes72

Jes72 Registered Users

Last night Homer was panting so hubby took him outside to cool down in his paddling pool and have some water. In the morning I noticed that he had been sick and brought up the water. He ate breakfast as usual so I wasn't too concerned.

This evening when being dropped off by his dog walker he was sick all over her, just clear bile. He went out to the garden wallowed in his pool a bit then went to do a squinty poop, drank more water then was sick again, all the water he had just had. He looked really sorry for himself, just sat there with a droopy face.

I've put the fan on in the kitchen with the door open and its quite a bit cooler there now. Homer was lying down and resting but got up to be sick again. I haven't given him any dinner yet, concerned it's just not going to stay down for long.

I'm not sure if this is due to the hot weather or something else.

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Difficult to say, but the symptoms are typical of heat exhaustion/heat stroke . I would definitely ask Vets advice, for peace of mind as it could easily also be just a plain upset tum , hoping he feels much better soon x

3. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Poor Homer. It could be the heat or a bug he's picked up. I know we're used to them eating stuff too i might give the vets a ring though just to make sure as its just so very hot.

4. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

I think I'd be phoning the vet if only for reassurance. Hope the poor boy is feeling better soon

5. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Definitely check with your vet.
    Do you know what he has been doing today with the dog walker?
    Could he have been overdoing it in the heat?