Not long now!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Olivia__, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Olivia__

Olivia__ Registered Users

3 days to go before Nelly comes home! Can time please go quicker!! What did everyone bring when picking up their puppy?

2. Johnny Walker

Johnny Walker Registered Users

We didn't have far to travel so we just brought something to clean up with in case he got sick. Then as soon as we got home we carried him to the designated bathroom spot and sat him down till he had a wee.

Olivia__ likes this.
  3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Only a few more sleeps.....make the most of it!
    I took a towel and some puppy pads for the car journey (only about 45 mins away). We didn't have a collar as didn't know what size to get so hot it a few days later when we took her to the pet shop.

Tammy Cooke and Olivia__ like this.
  4. PawPrints

PawPrints Registered Users

So exciting, you're almost there. I brought a blanket, some kibble and a couple little toys

Olivia__ likes this.
  5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

We had a long trip, so took a carrier (which we kept split open so it was like a basket, as she was so settled), a blanket, a collar and lead in case we had to stop somewhere for a wee, water, cleaning stuff and, most importantly, a lambie. This is her absolute favourite toy still! The breeder gave us kibble to bring home, so we fed her some of that, a few bits at a time, as we travelled so as not to overload her tummy.

Tammy Cooke and Olivia__ like this.
  6. TJB08

TJB08 Registered Users

My journey should have been 90 minutes but ended up at 2 1/2 hours. I took a crate which I put on the back seat with a blanket, toy and the vet bed the breeder gave me with mums scent on. Then my friend sat next to her on the backseat. She kept the door open to the crate, but then Poppy would try and climb out. So she out her on her lap but she wouldn't settle. So out her back in the crate and kept stroking her and eventually she settled. To be honest I think she was hungry because it ended up being lunch time and the breeder had given her an early breakfast so she wasn't sick in the car. Oh it seemed to settle her more when we covered the crate with a blanket to make it dark.

I also took kitchen roll, wet wipes and bin bags just in case!

Olivia__ likes this.
  7. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hope all goes well tomorrow - make sure you get some sleep tonight!