Occasional skip

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Amy Pearsall, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Amy Pearsall

Amy Pearsall Registered Users

Hi all

We have a 12 week old black labrador puppy, over last couple of weeks we have noticed an occasional "skip" when she goes from a walk to a trot/run in the garden.

We took her to vets, and mentioned this, and they were very vague and said knee cap isn't moving as freely as it should and to go back in a few months should it continue and then went on to try and sell me flea treatment!

I tried to ask many questions but due to lockdown this was through a window and the vet didn't seem that concerned or interested :(

Unfortunately I've been googling what it could be and convinced myself we're going to have an arthritic dog by next year!

Has anyone encountered this before and could shed some light?

Sorry for long post!

Thank you in advance :)

2. Jo Laurens

Jo Laurens Registered Users

I really wouldn't worry about it. They are not going to operate on a little puppy because even when orthopaedic things are the issue, they need to wait till she is fully grown. All you can do is ensure she doesn't over-exercise (but also doesn't under-exercise) is on a good joint supplement and doesn't jump up/down from things. And then wait and see how she grows up.

Amy Pearsall likes this.