Oh boy I could kick myself!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by selina27, Aug 14, 2017.

1. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

I've been teaching Cassie Look At That lately, and Hand Touch to help us deal with distractions on walks. Today on our way back from a walk we bumped into the person who was the worst culprit for encouraging her to jump up when she was tiny and insisted on giving her treats when I asked him not too. He would drive by and stick his head out of the car window and shout her name as he passed, why I've no idea. And guess what now she's 28 kg and strong he doesn't want her to jump up. He said to her "oh good morning Cassie the bruiser". I was so busy bristling at the cheek of it and wishing he'd go away that it wasn't until afterwards I realised that Cassie had sat down and looked at me, full eye contact, albeit once I'd stood on the lead, but without being asked, and I'd failed to reward her!
    Poor Cass. I really must do better next time :)

2. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Don't worry she'll forgive you:) she can do it though.

selina27 likes this.
  3. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

Oooh, doesn't that *$"* you off? Had that when Molly was younger and they certainly DO remember the people who encouraged them to leap about and go crazy.
    As SD says though, she'll forgive you - but still expect a tasty next time :D

selina27 and SwampDonkey like this.
  4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Naughty Mummy !! No , really , there isn't one of us who hasn't missed our dear dogs doing the right thing, whilst we are otherwise engaged , don't worry, she did it once, she will do it again , clever girl x

5. Joy

Joy Registered Users

What an idiot he is! But well done to Cassie -and to you for all your hard work which is now paying off.

6. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Well done Cassie. Frustrating for you @selina27 but shows you she is learning and she will do it again :).

selina27 likes this.
  7. Spencerboy

Spencerboy Registered Users

I have a neighbor who does the same thing, sticks his head out of car window and says dogs name plus encouraged jumping when the pups were younger. Now we just avoid him! So frustrating though.

8. Naya

Naya Registered Users

What a good girl x

selina27 likes this.
  9. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Good girl Cassie :) If I had a pound for everytime I've missed a golden training opportunity I would be rich. Don't be too hard on yourself Selina you were having to deal with a silly man. Next time. xx

selina27 likes this.