Oh no leaky Moo!

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by SwampDonkey, Sep 5, 2017.

1. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

I think the old dears sprung a leak. I think she may have a UTI but not quite sure it's not your typical got to wee got to wee thing so I'm worried it maybe something else.she seems to he leaking whilst asleep. She is 14 so it could be just her age?she's not happy about me looking at her woo and there's a bit of secretive licking going on. Rory is really interested in her lady bits too. She is drinking a bit more so obviously I'm worried about diabetes and kidney problems. I've got to booked her into the vets and am sorting a urine sample. Any one else had anything happen with like this with a senior?

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Sorry, not had experience but I just wanted to wish you well at the Vets tomorrow , poor old love , hugs for you too xx

3. SwampDonkey

She's sneaking about and if I look at her she sits down quick. Shes so knowing and funny Hopefully she will be fine

4. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

Do hope so.

5. SwampDonkey

We'll see she seems fine she just keeps giving the sad eye. Nothing worse Ud give her a hug but she would see it as a sign of weakness;)

Rosie likes this.
  6. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Oh Moo - thinking of you! Hope all goes well...

7. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

Feel better Moo!

8. Karen

Karen Registered Users

No, Poppy is my first girl dog, but I just wanted to wish Moo well. One of my old boys became a bit incontinent but was helped by medication.

9. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Yes, several years ago with our old collie cross. I think it was a UTI. I hope the vet has sorted Moo out and she's soon feeling better.

10. SwampDonkey

Doug was too you kind of get used to knowing how to making ok for them

kateincornwall likes this.
  11. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Hope the vet can provide an easy remedy.

12. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Oh the indignity! Poor Moo...:oops:

13. SwampDonkey

She's been winding me up. Going to door ...I want a wee.....going out in the rain.....Oh i dont want a wee after all are you wet ginger and repeat all night! Her triumph getting me to go and open the door then looking at me and going back to bed. So funny
    She doesnt do dignity just cheekiness:D

Sven, Rosie, drjs@5 and 2 others like this.
  14. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Hope Moo's waterworks settle. A girl I work with had (her ex has custody, she is his retired gun dog) a 10 year old female Springer with incontinence troubles, which is kept under control with medication.

15. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

Poor Moo! Hope you both make it through the night. Cheeky girl making you get up out of bed over and over! :p

My Mama Jodhi started becoming incontinent at about 12 years old, but it didn't come on suddenly like Moo, it was more of a gradual thing that got progressively worse. Pretty sure it was because she was spayed at the shelter so young (8 weeks). Poor old girl, you could tell it bothered her. She was so good humoured, but sometimes when she'd wet her bed, she'd just stare accusingly at me as if to say, "What kind of trick are you playing on me? Stop making me sit in a puddle!".

SwampDonkey likes this.
  16. SwampDonkey

Oh I've not been allowed to go to bed and she got me up at 3 this morning and I couldn't sleep on the sofa because she noisily licked her lady dog bits for hours.........hours

drjs@5 and Karen like this.
  17. MF

MF Registered Users

I hope she feels better soon and that it's an easy fix, perhaps some meds will do the trick.

18. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Oh poor old girl (both of you ;);):D:eek: )
    Hope it is something simple and easily fixed.

Lilly has been really odd with her peeing this week. Out and about she is crouching and peeing every 2-3 minutes, but nothing coming out (that I can see anyway - an "air-pee"). But she is normal in the garden and not getting up at night. I wondered if it could be the plums she is scoffing, though also had vaccinations, wormer and flea treatment all this week with 2-3 days in between them all.

I was wondering if too much acidic? fruit might be causing bladder irritation - maybe talking rubbish though. Pretty sure its not a uti since she isn't up at night and sleeps a solid evening through too.

19. SwampDonkey

Moos just leaked when she's been asleep so it could be so many things from back pain to diabetes or a UTI. I'll just see how we go something's not right. hope Lilly is ok

20. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Thank you, giving it a few days, will keep an eye on her, try and catch some pee.

Hope the vet fixes our Moo up xx