old dogs pretending to be young

Discussion in 'Senior Labradors' started by SwampDonkey, Oct 1, 2017.

1. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

We took the surviving members of the black dog gang for a walk in one of their favourite places today. They ran best they could sniffed barked (Moo) played in puddles and got hopelessly lost more than once. They are both now very tired a bit stiff but happy. Solomon is getting very frail now we think he may pass soon but he gave it his all today silly handsome old boy.Moo had fun on the wooded trials and long grass but was visually tired and very out of breathe. It was very poignant watching them trot the trial they have always loved. a lovely way to spend an afternoon laughing a lost old dogs who know the way just fine thank you;)

Aw it sounds like they had a lovely afternoon. Even though they are old, being taken to their lifelong trails and walks is lovely for them. Long may they walk the wooded trails xxx :)

We took the surviving members of the black dog gang for a walk in one of their favourite places today. They ran best they could sniffed barked (Moo) played in puddles and got hopelessly lost more than once. They are both now very tired a bit stiff but happy. Solomon is getting very frail now we think he may pass soon but he gave it his all today silly handsome old boy.Moo had fun on the wooded trials and long grass but was visually tired and very out of breathe. It was very poignant watching them trot the trial they have always loved. a lovely way to spend an afternoon laughing a lost old dogs who know the way just fine thank you;)

Reminds me of the last few walks we took with BJ (epileptic lab, just before he was 14) and little Alfie (re-homed cocker, much the same age as BJ) Same time of year too.

Autumn, with its wonderful colours and gorgeous sunsets is a lovely time to walk with the old dogs who are in the autumn of their lives. Indeed, very poignant and to be treasured.

What a lovely afternoon for you all. Even though they are old it's wonderful for the black dog gang get to hang out on their favourite wooded trails :) I hope they get to walk them many more times xx

Reminds me of walks with our oldies in their last few months.

Autumn with its wonderful colours and beautiful sunsets is perfect for walking with our old dogs in the autumn of their lives. So good they enjoy these times x

Lovely post and sounds like a good time was had by all. I had some of my best walks with Brogan as an old boy. We had to walk slowly and sit for long rests, but that made me see more around me that otherwise I may have missed. Good memories. :)

I had teary eyes reading this @SwampDonkey cant understand why xx

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2017
    Sven, Granca, Stacia and 6 others like this.
  2. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

I am REALLY sorry guys...:oops: in my attempt to merge two threads, your posts are all sort of "bundled" into the post above...:eek:....

Sven, charlie and snowbunny like this.
  3. SwampDonkey

Quite like it:D

Tammy Cooke likes this.
  4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

:computerrage: Not to worry !

5. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Understood what was happening, all made sense. Darling old dogs x

kateincornwall likes this.
  6. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Old dogs are so very special aren't they ? The wisdom of the world in their eyes and kindness too , just love our senior citizens of the dog world x

Zarvan, Sven, selina27 and 2 others like this.
  7. SwampDonkey

Not with this pair they were running off today:D juvenile delinquents. they can't hear us and can't see us that well so we had to keep rounding them up they were just so funny and really sweet. Just hilarious. Talk about mischief nothing more funny than old trying to be bad. It was like trying to land a plane me and my friend jumping around waving our arms to get their attention.Moo knew she was funny I can't express how much I love her and appreciate that doggy spirit you are talking about. She's not changed she knows exactly what she's up too. We had such a lively afternoon.:)

Karen, drjs@5, Beanwood and 5 others like this.
  8. SwampDonkey

She did a massive wee on the sofa massive.:D

Karen and drjs@5 like this.
  9. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

A cheerful achievement :D

10. SwampDonkey

It was huge she fell asleep and leaked. Felt so sorry for her she has no idea

11. Sven

Sven Registered Users

I am sorry I laughed at this. I know not the appropriate thing, but I think having a dog you take things in your stride. You just have to laugh otherwise you would stew on things.

Hope Moo is better and found a new place to sleep (and of course you have somewhere to sit)

Beanwood likes this.
  12. SwampDonkey

Its fine and I do find it funny too. Its part of them getting old. She's still allowed on the sofa. She's at the vets again tomorrow. Funny little dog

13. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Oh Moo...you do make me smile....:D

14. Zarvan

Zarvan Member

Very well said:)

15. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Moo is one of the great characters of this forum :)

kateincornwall and SwampDonkey like this.
  16. SwampDonkey

She has a pact with the devil. Somewhere there is a portrait of her getting old;)

kateincornwall, edzbird and Karen like this.
  17. SwampDonkey

Sadly Solo was PTS last weekend. Moo is now the last member of the back dog gang. Danny Doug and Solo used to run with her they were her boys they had a great time together. My friend and me will never forget the days when they were our big pack they were great days.we were lucky to have them such wonderful times:)

selina27, BevE, Sven and 3 others like this.