Ollie & Tucker

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Olandah, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Olandah

Olandah Registered Users

Hi Everyone,
    My name is Ollie and I have finally just picked up my 8week old Black Lab Tucker. He is the most adorable thing I have ever seen, I have never had a big dog before but thought he would make a good friend for my flat mates 4 year old Golden Retriever. So far things haven't gone according to our many months of planning, so here we are to learn as much as we can to make our boys the best friends we hope they will be.

Looking forward to being a part of these forums so we can learn everything about labs and have the most enjoyable years of our lives still to come.

Ollie & Tucker

samandmole likes this.
  2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hello to you and your little one!
    A very warm welcome to the forum.
    I am guessing your flat mate's GR is less than enamoured to have a lab pup hanging off his ears?
    Unless you have a humungous flat, sounds like it might be a bit of a tight squeeze with 2 "big dogs". Always a bit of a challenge with the toilet training for starters!
    Hope its not going too badly?

Jacqui

3. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Welcome, Ollie and Tucker. We would love to see some photos of your puppy!

4. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welcome to you both from Mags, Tatze and Mollie :hi:

Tatze is my pet dog, a black Lab three years old. Mollie is my fourth Guide Dog puppy, a black Lab and she's ten weeks old.

5. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Hello and welcome to you both from Fred, Annie and me.

6. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Hi there Ollie & Tucker. Tell us more about the sorts of problems you're having. Ooh and a few photos would be lovely - hint hint.

7. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

Welcome Ollie and Tucker.....from Cooper and me.....your poor Golden Retriever!! I can just imagine Tucker pestering your GR......hopefully, they will become bosom buddies!

8. Olandah

Olandah Registered Users

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for the warm welcome it's much appreciated. We are getting slowly better with the toilet training. If we are all outside then it's easy now. But inside is still a different story.
    Does anyone have a particular product or set of ingredients that they use to deter a puppy from going to the bathroom inside?

The boys are getting along slightly better the big yard helps a great deal. The GR is just not used to sharing attention and isn't a big fan of it.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.
    P.S I have not quite figured out how to add photos from the mobile site yet. Any hints

9. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Ah I just typed a long reply and lost it when I went to link you to the photo help....
    You need to use a photo hosting site like Flickr or photo bucket...have a look in our Technical and Help Boasrd there is lots of help there.Alternatively for a small charge you can become a Forum Suporter and one of the benefits to that is you can post your photos directly into your posts....
    Some of our members use a pen arrangement to restrict the puppy's access to the human living space and place a puppy toilet pad within this area ....this is especially helpful if you don't want to have broken nights.Over time as the puppy grows and gains more bladder control you can do away with the pad.I escaped most of the toilet training trials as my dog was 5 months when he came to live with us but From the experience I had the most efficient way to toilet train is just regular ,regular trips outside ,the younger the puppy the more frequently you need to do it.
    Glad the dogs are getting along better ,does the GR have some of his own puppy free space? Puppies are relentless when it comes to play and an older dog can learn to love a puppy more if they can get away from them when they want to!
    Lastly for now ,welcome to the Forum ,we have a huge amount of info and advice within the boards and a very active membership group ,so help is always pretty easy to come by
    Best wishes
    Angela