On Location area 3

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by charlie, Sep 16, 2013.

1. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Well our new location exercises in Total Recall are coming along really well. At the weekend David and I took Charlie to yet another level and a new area which was a very, very large harvested field with views as far as the eye can see. It was absolutely pouring down and very windy but Charlie did really well with lots of obedience, sitting/waiting on his long line, I walked away recalled him verbally he came straight to me and best of all he played with the rabbit ball with great enthusiasm whistling in anticipation of another throw :). He completed all of the exercises even though there were lots of new smells, people walking across and a puppy to contend with. Nearly time to revisit all of our new areas to reduce the treats and introduce the gambling effect :eek: Helen x

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Re: On Location area 3

Well done Charlie and Helen (yet again!) ;D

3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

It will probably all go to a pile of something very soon Jac, I just enjoy the good times as they are usually short and sweet ::) Helen x

4. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Stay positive Helen!! You're going to win this, I can feel it!! ;D

5. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

No it won't Helen,you have done this so conscientiously,he is getting it for sure ;D and so many other things sound like they are clicking with him too.Charlie is just super.Be prepared,I have had a few back steps this week .......have had a couple of ignores when out in the desert from another dog so I upped the treats again for a day to remind him how good roast chicken is ;D and did a few surprise whistles in the house and we seem to be back on track....a while back that would have really disheartened me,but im realizing that blips happen and it's rewarding to feel like I have a bit of knowledge to solve them now.....rather than just getting the hump with myself!

6. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

[quote author=Dexter link=topic=2586.msg26021#msg26021 date=1379390197]
    No it won't Helen,you have done this so conscientiously,he is getting it for sure ;D and so many other things sound like they are clicking with him too.Charlie is just super.Be prepared,I have had a few back steps this week .......have had a couple of ignores when out in the desert from another dog so I upped the treats again for a day to remind him how good roast chicken is ;D and did a few surprise whistles in the house and we seem to be back on track....a while back that would have really disheartened me,but im realizing that blips happen and it's rewarding to feel like I have a bit of knowledge to solve them now.....rather than just getting the hump with myself!
    [/quote]

We were exactly the same this week.....hot dog and roast chicken deployed and lots of unexpected recalls to sharpen us both up ;D
    I think I remember Pippa writing once about how dogs don't stay trained - no kidding :eek:

And Helen, I think this is totally amazing because not only did you change location but you had significant distractions which was a double test which you've all flown through ;D