Other dogs - or their owners

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by Inky lab, Apr 21, 2018.

1. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

What?!!

2. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

How right you are :)

3. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

People crack me up with comments like this. When I had my trifecta - a pit bill, a Rottweiler and a toy poodle - I still remember some lady coming up to Jodhi (the pit) to pet her while nervously eyeing Brogan and saying, "I really don't like pit bulls, you can't trust them." And I'd say, "Well, THAT one is a Rottweiler, the one you have your hand on is a pit bull and the one who will take your whole hand off if you aren't careful is the toy poodle, which is why I'm holding him." :D

4. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Yes, it's not uncommon. Usually, though, people just ask what is she crossed with. I don't mind though :)

SwampDonkey and selina27 like this.
  5. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

My personal favourite is does he bite. My answer is no but I might do and give them a special toothy grin.

JenBainbridge, WoodWoman and selina27 like this.
  6. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

I remember a chap backing into a hedge at the sight of my Black Lab "does he bite" he says, "only when I tell him" I replied:D

Actually I have never had another dog owner saying anything about Black dogs, though I did have a German Shorthaired Pointer and she was frightened by large, white, hairy dogs.

7. Inky lab

Inky lab Registered Users

Thanks everyone for your support, feeling better about it all now. If I can, we do walk briskly past and I'll be training this even more now! Today we were back to hardly seeing anyone, I even felt a bit sorry for all those "Sunday" dogs as @SwampDonkey called them, no walk again!
    Maybe I need to be more assertive but that's not really in my character, maybe why Inky and I get on, both would rather not have a confrontation!