Overwhelmed with new puppy

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Tahz, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Tahz

Tahz Registered Users

I'm a first time pup owner. I have a beautiful puppy whose name is Royal. I thought it would do me the world of good to have a puppy to help me cope with my mental health problems but 3 days in and the sleepless nights and whinning are really starting to bother me. Dont get me wrong shes absolutely adorable but the adjustment period is quite difficult and I'm just feeling deflated atm but I know in time all will be ok and she'll have a good routine down... until then....ZzzZzzZz

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Tahz, welcome to the forum! Royal is very sweet, but puppies are notorious for turning your life upside down at first!

Our main site has several articles about adjusting to life with a new puppy. You're right that time and finding a routine will make the biggest difference, but take a look and see if there are any more tips you can use!

Good luck, and do keep us posted on Royal's progress!

3. Saffy/isla

Saffy/isla Registered Users

Hi there and welcome to you and Royal. It is really hard work at first and your sleep deprived but it will get so much better. Keep calm and be consistent with your pup. Try and have some time for you, maybe a family member or friend could watch Royal while you go for a walk. I found it difficult being in all day for weeks and once I could get our for half an hour I felt more "normal".

It will get better and quite soon, good luck