Passing of young pup

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Mop, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Mop

Mop Registered Users

Hello, I need some help coping with the passing of my 4 month old lab puppy. He was the sweetest puppy and listened very well and he was cute and cuddly. I was working overnight and while my parents and siblings watched over him and his brother, they ended up getting in rat poison and they were brought to the vet 3 hours away but unfortunately they could only give them fluids due to lack of money. I came home from work Monday morning and see he barely touched his food then found out the news and then thought he would be okay until I woke up because I was exhausted. I wake up around 10:30 that night and let my pup out and try to get him to eat. He refused to eat then refused to drink. I had to syringe feed him but he would just throw it back up. Total 11 times in less than 12 hours. I called the vet immediately the next morning and almost couldn’t get him in. I bring him over, they do blood work, and she states that he will be there a week. We leave and then get a call that it’s time to say goodbye, his lungs were filling with fluid and he was basically choking himself. I go to say my goodbyes and he’s shaking and having a hard time to breath i am balling my eyes out and then I got to hold him while the vet put him to sleep. Only 4 months old. If I would of knew sooner he might of been able to be saved he was just a baby he didn’t even have a chance at life. Now I can’t even look where his crate is and his toys. He deserved so much more he was just a baby. He passed away just today. 7.30.22-12.6.22♥️ he was the most beautiful puppy.

2. CeeCee

CeeCee Registered Users

I am so desperately sorry to hear of your pup's passing. I know how devastated you must feel. I also don't have rat poison anywhere on my property for this very reason - just far too dangerous. However, you don't need to hear that, you found out the hard way and I truly feel for you. I sincerely do know how you feel. We lost our Labrador girl's singleton pup at 6 weeks old, due to a compromised immune system, and it's just heartbreaking.