Peace

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Simba2017, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Simba2017

Simba2017 Simba and Minstrel worn out

All 3 crashed after a good play - hopefully a peaceful evening as husband is doing a 10 mile run in Nottingham this evening. Finger crossed Lisa

IMG_0707.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2017
  2. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

So sweet :)

3. MF

MF Registered Users

How old is your older Lab? And how did he/she take to the puppy?

Photo is adorable!

4. Simba2017

5. Simba2017

Minstrel is 5 years old. She took on the Mum role straight away. She loves the attention she gets from Simba and acts in the mediating role between Poppy (12year old Cairn Terrier) and Simba, by getting in between them if Simba is becoming too lively and Poppy is grumbling about it. We have been very lucky as it was always a bit of a gamble that they would all get along. We took the Breeders comments about the temperament of each pup before we chose. Simba was the laid back if greedy one of the pack and dwarfed some of his siblings. I had a lot of persuading to do within my family that getting another puppy was the right choice. My rationale was that by getting a pup it would give Poppy a bit of peace as minstrel would have another dog to play with. Thankfully in our case so far it has paid off. Lisa x

Granca likes this.
  6. MF

MF Registered Users

@Simba2017 that sounds so great. My boy is 5.5 yo and I am constantly wondering if we should get him a companion. Not that he lacks human company, but I wonder if we're doing him a disservice not having a dog companion for him. He has doggy friends he sees out and about. Not sure I want to go the puppy route... but I do appreciate that we got Snowie as a pup and have had it so easy temperament-wise. So I look at your pics and start wondering...

7. Simba2017

8. Simba2017

I suppose you don't know if they are going to Like/ love each other. We have always known that minstrel prefers dogs to humans (apart from her select pack of humans). We also selected Simba on his reported temperament. We found when we got each of our 2nd dogs and Simba being the third in our doggie family - That they all settled and were clean very quickly. I can't quite remember how our first dog was when we brought her home.

Bringing a new dog/ puppy in does take years off the older dog and it's lovely to see them play together. But it is a big commitment and I had lots of persuading to do to get my family on side!!!!!!

MF and Granca like this.