Personal injury caused by my Labrdor

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Trerod, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Trerod

Trerod Registered Users

Just recently a group of us dog walkers were talking whilst the dogs were playing and chasing each other when my Labrador Bailey and a large Alsatian got to close to one of the group causing the lady to fall to the ground damaging her right ankle(heavy bruising).We are not sure which of the two came into contact
    with her and i do not think she will pursue the matter as we all know each other very well and it was a complete accident.
    My question is if she did decide to claim for compensation for being house bound for 6 - 8 weeks would she have a case against either the Alsatian owner or my self. Incidentally the lady is retired

2. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Yes, I think she would, it will be classed as accidental damage or injury caused by the dog, but your pet insurance would cover it

Just check the small print, mine covers Tatze up tp 1M pounds.

3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I think she could claim on your pet insurance as you should have Public Liability. Mine is upto 3 million pounds. A young Labrador (fat one) jumped up at an elderly lady in our village last year, she fell and broke her arm but she didn't claim. Depends on the person. xx

4. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Yes, it's actually one of the main reasons that we got pet insurance.

5. charlie

charlie Registered Users

My neighbour has now adjusted her policy to accidental health and public liability only which has drastically reduced her insurance bill to about £60 per year. Not sure if I'm ready to that especially as Hattie is a mature lady ;) x

6. Snowshoe

Snowshoe Registered Users

I've known of it to happen when a dog runs in front of a car too. In both cases I know of (one dog owner was a co-worker of the OH) the dog was killed but considerable damage was done to the car that hit it.