Phil (Dr. Old) sent me the most wonderful gift!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Philsmom, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Philsmom

Philsmom Registered Users

Meet Misty :)

[​IMG]

Yesterday afternoon I was driving down a busy highway, late to an appointment, when I saw two dogs in the road. One was a corgi and one was a labrador. I pulled over and scooped them up and made arrangements to have my husband meet me, take them home, do my appointment, then come back and get them online to find their owner. Of course I immediately fell in love with the lab. She has the sweetest personality, just wants to be by me and the kids, and very gentle.

In the evening, I heard from both owners. The dogs are neighbors, and the corgi's owner came first. She said this is the third time Misty has left in a week, and she's an outdoor dog, 13 years old. She said she sees her outside all day and night and it breaks her heart.

The lab's owner came about half an hour later. I said "I kept hoping no one would call, I love this girl so much!" and her owner said "Well I am going through a divorce and need a new home for her, would you adopt her?" I said OF COURSE!!!!

She has perfect house manners and is a little shaky in the back end but not bad. She has been lying by the woodstove, soaking up the heat. It's been very cold here, well below freezing, and her poor arthritic bones are loving the nice heat and soft bed. She is an American field lab, much smaller than English labs and WAY smaller than Phil and Oscar were. She is maybe 45 pounds. She is arthritic, has never had a nail trim ever, and sounds like she might have some advanced heartworm disease, but we will deal with that (Phil had it too.) SHE IS AN ABSOLUTE ANGEL and I am 100000% certain that Phil sent her to me!! I can't believe my good fortune, to stumble upon this amazing dog and then to have her given to me!! How lucky am I????

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Phil sent her to you, for sure. :) Because she needs you - she's lucky too! It is just wonderful the way you help these old dogs, I hope she brings you much joy and happy memories of Phil.

3. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Oh, this is just lovely. Made me well up. You are an angel, there's no other word, to give these dogs the care and love they need in their dotage. I hope you make many happy memories with Misty.

4. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

Welling up near Oxford too.

You see their are good people in the world and good luck deservedly comes their way.

It is not just the warmth of your stove, that matters, it is the warmth of your heart.

5. Cooper'sMom

Cooper'sMom Registered Users

6. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

You are so right Tina,

Reading this thread through a blur of tears.
    Welcome Misty
    Bless you, Phil's Mom x

7. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Absolutely wonderful.

8. Karen

Karen Registered Users

I am so touched by you and your kindness, Philsmom. This lucky girl is so lucky you have found her, to give her the warmth, love and happiness she so clearly deserves - but you already know she will repay you many, many times over.

Welcome to the forum, lovely Misty :) We loved Phil and Oscar, and we already love you too.

9. Emily

Emily Registered Users

This story just made my day

10. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Welcome beautiful Misty and thank you Phil for sending her to your Mum, it was obviously just meant to be. Misty you will be warm, fed and loved that's for sure. xxxx :)

11. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

welcome, welcome welcome Misty, you beautiful old girl :)

12. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Amazing, amazing, amazing

13. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Misty looks such a lovely dog and how wonderful to be able to make her last years happy, warm and comfortable. I am sure dear Phil sent her. x

14. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

How lovely xx

15. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

just wonderful. Hello lovely Misty, you have found yourself a loving home xx

16. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

ah .my Forum time has been so haphazard recently with hardware issues,I'm missing posts like this,I did stop by on another post and wondered about Misty's story so i'm glad that I've found it here.
    Oh Phil,he must have guided her over to you after you gave him such wonderful care at the end of his life x

17. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Aww just catching up with this now as well. ❤️ How very wonderful, thanks so much for sharing Misty and her story with us. You are amazing!

18. Granca

Granca Registered Users

A lovely story. Misty's very lucky that you found her.