Phimosis?

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by ollski, Mar 27, 2017.

1. ollski

ollski Registered Users

bit of a tender subject I know but I just don't know if my boys ok or not. My lad Alf is a 3.5 year old entire black lab. He has never shown any sort of humping or mounting interest before but the other day a younger black lab started to walk across the field about 300 yards away and Alf decided this boy was just too exciting. He zoomed across and began humping and getting excited. Probably within a minute he began yelping and in pain. He had extended past the pupice but the swelling of his penis seemed to be stuck. It took about 10 mins to retract but for a couple of days he seemed in a bit of discomfort. Could this be lack of experience or more likely a physical problem?

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Hi , I admit I had to read a veterinary article before I could reply . It seems likely to be a physical problem , where the sheath opening isn't large enough, which can cause awful pain on retraction . I would definitely take him to see a Vet for advice , even though this was an isolated incident , poor lad .

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Poor chap!
    Definitely discuss it with your vet.
    Not terribly well acquainted with boy dogs anatomy but does sound most likely a phimosis. A cold/ice pack might help if it happens again in the short term. Steroid creams can help with "stretchiness" but not sure how easy that would be to apply!!! :D:eek: -- but if it keeps happening I guess he might need a wee op :oops:

4. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

what I know about boy dogs and I've had a few is they love have anything rubbed on their penis. I treated dogs with most areas and the one which I never have trouble with is willies.they will let you rub anything in on and around that area. Sorry but it's true.:rolleyes:

Beanwood, edzbird, Sven and 2 others like this.
  5. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

6. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Oh come they are boys:D

Beanwood and charlie like this.
  7. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

8. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Not just boy dogs! :cwl:x

9. SwampDonkey