Picking new puppy..

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Jade, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Jade

Jade Registered Users

@JenBainbridge .
    Thank you so much. Your little Stanley is adorable.

JenBainbridge likes this.
  2. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

I would have doubts about any breeder, regardless of how many years they have been breeding, that has people visiting when the pups are so young still - 4 to 5 weeks is more the norm. And some one 'so experienced' should know that pups temperament and personality are only just beginning to form. Parents/grandparents can be an indicator but it's the individual pup's experiences that count.
    I notice you refer to 'the facility' are the pups not raised and housed in the breeders home?

Jade likes this.
  3. Jade

Jade Registered Users

Thank you. I will visit and ask a few more questions. The puppies are raised in the home with the mom. The older dogs are in a building with outside runs attached.

4. Christina2807

Christina2807 Registered Users

Our friends dog has had puppies and they are just over 3 weeks now. We have been visiting the pups since they were a couple of days old.
    From day one when holding them one stood out for me as she feel asleep in my hands, the rest were more 'wrestless' and not content.

Since then she has been the one we have handled and cuddled and she most definitely seems happy with us. The last visit she was full of kisses.