Pongo has de-crated himself....

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Rosie, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Re: Pongo has de-crated himself....

How is Pongo getting on Rosie?

Karen, I left Harley decrated after she gad been out for a week due to my daughter being home. I was apprehensive, but I'm glad I did and I no longer have a crate :)

2. karen reid

karen reid Registered Users

[quote author=Naya link=topic=7317.msg101684#msg101684 date=1408035194]
    How is Pongo getting on Rosie?

Karen, I left Harley decrated after she gad been out for a week due to my daughter being home. I was apprehensive, but I'm glad I did and I no longer have a crate :)
    [/quote]

Hi Naya, I don't think I could bring myself to put him back in, he'll think he's done something wrong. Fingers crossed he's the same as Harley xx

3. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Update on the escapee.... so last night he went into his cave when we went up to bed, and five minutes later was out and up on the sofa. Fine. Then rather a lot of noise as he goes through his toybox and drags out every toy one by one and plays with them for half an hour. Then blessed silence...good doggie. At 2.30am we're woken up by the sound of barking. Oh my lord, he must want out. Paul (who has still not quite seen the funny side of this) goes downstairs to find the puppy flaked out on sofa having very happy dream and barking in his sleep. Hmmmmm.

Anyway, morning comes with no accidents or wanton destruction. So far so good. ...

4. karen reid

karen reid Registered Users

Hehehe Had to laugh at the thought of all the toys coming out :) :) :)

5. Naya

Naya Registered Users

ROFL ;D
    Just read all of this to Dan, he is wetting himself laughing on the sofa ;D ;D

6. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Read this out to Marcus too...he is laughing his head off humming the theme tune to the "Great Escape.." ;D ;D

7. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

You've got to love them ;D

8. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Pongo, you're waaaaay ahead of your humans ;D A master of psychological control ;)

9. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Hmmmm.
    Three nights of freedom, no problem.
    Last night..... came down this morning to rather large pile of poo on the carpet. Dog looking innocent but I'm pretty sure it was him and not Paul or me sleepwalking. ::)

Stone cold so it must have been quite early in the night. Odd because he did his business fine outside before we all went to bed at 10 o'clock.

Hoping it's a one-off. If not, not sure what to do. We still haven't got Pongo making any sort of noise when he wants the door open (there's been no real opportunity for him to learn during summer because the door is left open all day).

I don't want to re-crate him because to be honest his cave was getting a bit small for him anyway. But I don't want to have to clean up after him every morning. :-\

10. Steph

Steph Registered Users

Hopefully a one off Rosie. Did he have anything different to eat yesterday (permitted or illegal) that could have upset his stomach during the night?

11. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

Hopefully it was just a one off and he had scoffed something he shouldn't have done!

12. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Oh dear....hopefully he just got caught short...Benson did that once after a particularly busy day, think he was too tired to poo before bed:)

13. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I am reading this thread with interest as we will have to de-crate Gypsy at 7 months.

She does let us know when she needs the door opening, but only by sitting at it and looking at us - no sound. ???

Tatze still has her crate. When she had the cone on after her spay we decided to de-crate her and got out a lovely big duvet for her to sleep on - but she insisted, even 'tho the cone took up too much space. We tried putting her in with the door open, but she cried 'till we shut it! So we gave in and let her sleep in there, cone and all.

14. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

He had a busy day with a trip to the seaside and a big lamb-bone; but he did go before bed-time, and the poo itself was very firm and dry, not at all squiffy, so I don't think it was an upset.
    Waiting for tonight with trepidation.

Pongo doesn't know what the fuss is about.

15. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Lilly seemed to poop in each new room once as we introduced them then never again.

I do hope it was a one-off. Lilly too does the silent sit by the door call to toilet, but during the night she comes through and whines at us. Sometimes she does that to get up on the bed, and if we invite her up, jumps up then right back off. I suppose they are all different and its just experience of knowing your dog and when they are behaving a little different.

16. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hopefully it was a one off Rosie ::)
    Harley rarely needs to go overnight, but she does whine a little bit when she does, but if I wasn't in the same room I wouldn't hear her.

17. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

[quote author=Boogie link=topic=7317.msg102303#msg102303 date=1408264194]
    I am reading this thread with interest as we will have to de-crate Gypsy at 7 months.

She does let us know when she needs the door opening, but only by sitting at it and looking at us - no sound. ???
    [/quote]

Yes, that's the most we ever get from Pongo...